PITAs GW 200 FF Cup

I saw your post on Facebook - are you really selling up before you enjoy the unique Clio that you have created?
I think that if the right offer comes in then I’ll let her go. I’ve got Donington on the 7th, I’ll see how that goes and go from there.

I’ve loved the project side of building the car, sourcing parts and researching but I’m not getting the enjoyment I thought I would from driving it.

Reactions: Big Ben
It sounds like a divorce.

Are you looking for more power, rear wheel drive?

I really enjoy reading about projects like yours and genuinely feel sad when I get to the end of a thread and someone sells a car that they have worked really hard to create. But, if the car is not giving back what you wanted from it then it makes sense to invest your efforts in something else.

If I was in your position I would probably wait until warmer track days start next year to make a final decision and try and drive a few cars that you might be interested in to see if they are actually any better than your Clio. This is all advice from a complete novice!

Good luck with whatever decision you make Craig.

Reactions: Onrus and R20BTG
I decided to keep her, it would have been such a waste to let her go.

It was MOT time on Monday and she passed (once I’d remembered to swap out my rear lights). However, on the way to the MOT the exhaust manifold flexi decided it wanted to fail lol. Pure Motorsport manifold is on the way :thumb:. Proper man logic, spend more money on the money pit.

After looking at the logs on my ECU I’ve noticed that the fuel pressure is peaking over 6 bar when at full boost so I’m going to lower the static pressure to hopefully cure a weird misfire that has so far confused me.

Merry Christmas all!

That is one way to deal with a broken flexi.

Are you going full decat with the Akra?
Yeah, hopefully it’s not prohibitively loud for some tracks. It’s just had its MOT so I’m good for 12 months and then I’ll likely just trailer it to tracks. Unfortunately I’ll have to cut the Akra down as the PMS manifold is longer than the OE one.

How does the welding look inside the pipes? My buddy has this fitted with a akra and itbs and the itbs are louder than the exhaust

How does the welding look inside the pipes? My buddy has this fitted with a akra and itbs and the itbs are louder than the exhaust
From what I can see they look good, the overall quality is spot on. That’s good to know regarding the volume, thanks!

Reactions: Onrus
I decided to keep her, it would have been such a waste to let her go.

It was MOT time on Monday and she passed (once I’d remembered to swap out my rear lights). However, on the way to the MOT the exhaust manifold flexi decided it wanted to fail lol. Pure Motorsport manifold is on the way :thumb:. Proper man logic, spend more money on the money pit.

After looking at the logs on my ECU I’ve noticed that the fuel pressure is peaking over 6 bar when at full boost so I’m going to lower the static pressure to hopefully cure a weird misfire that has so far confused me.

Merry Christmas all!
Man maths [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: suj
In trying to cure my misfire I’ve opted to fit R8 ignition coils and go for full sequential firing instead of the wasted spark used by the original wiring. R8 coils are active coils that use 4 wires (live, ECU earth, signal and earth) with a 5v TTL signal. The OE coils have 2 wires (live and ECU switched earth) and fire every 360 degrees on the ignition and exhaust stroke.

This has required a small loom for the coils and tapping into the existing loom by the UCH and pnp adapter.

0CED6DEC-30EB-4DEF-A7DF-10669B9D8CC3.jpeg
I’ve yet to drive it but she seems to rev easier and sounds louder.

Sounds a simple mod

Have you had to have a tune to cope?
They’ll only run with an aftermarket ECU unfortunately but in essence it is relatively simple. The original ECU can’t run these because of the trigger type needed and the undersized wiring.

It doesn’t need a re-tune just some settings changed in the ECU.

BC67E737-B894-44C8-9995-377D8EB17DE0.png
37153781-07D6-4AA9-9172-2E8BBE3CBDAF.png
The R8 coils pull more current but require a much smaller dwell time.