PITAs GW 200 FF Cup

Was just reading your thread and decided i liked that splitter.. damn. did it have a central fixing?
It did lol. It bolts through the bumper undertray which for day to day driving is fine. 140mph on the other hand and it pulled the mount out and ultimately destroyed itself!

Dang. I wonder if i’ll ever have that issue with standard power :smiley: i’m asking for trouble…

Ah i see on trc website they do recommend tie rods

Dang. I wonder if i’ll ever have that issue with standard power :smiley: i’m asking for trouble…

Ah i see on trc website they do recommend tie rods
There’s always the option of the Weeder Motorsport one. The centre mount is further forward onto the bumper so should be stronger. Requires the black air dam trimming though.

splitter

Small update, I had some strengthening/holding plates made for the strut tops. Because the top mount holes on the car are slotted and there is caster adjustment on the Gaz top mounts; the bolts could sit in various positions and were likely to move around. These will hopefully hold it all together and give it a bit of rigidity.

View attachment 142149
View attachment 142150
I’m slowly working my way through your thread. Can I ask how you got on with these, if all good do you have the ability to make more of these? I’m sure a local shop could make them with an own top mount as reference but thought I’d ask

I’m slowly working my way through your thread. Can I ask how you got on with these, if all good do you have the ability to make more of these? I’m sure a local shop could make them with an own top mount as reference but thought I’d ask
I only had one batch made. Weeder copied the idea and they’re available here

Reactions: Flyingfish
giphy.gif

Reactions: Maidens1979