Pearl white Rs200 1 of 17 recaros black roof

Depending on the kms (miles) his Clio has 12k wouldn't be that unrealistic over here. Just look at the following link for example.

That's what's on the market on one of our main sales platforms at the moment. It's not much as you can see and since quite some time there are less and less good examples available while the prices are going through the roof. I've an offer for mine that's 1k below of what I've paid but that's from a dealer in France that would buy it unseen and has to pay for trans- and import mind you. If I'd sell now I'd actually ask for 1k more than I've paid about five years ago and would presumably get that. Here good or rare examples actually are an investment. Not like a V6 or what ever but they're at least holding their value and depending on what you paid you can make a smaller profit if you'd sell now.
This seems to be the case in basically the whole EU. Not sure why this isn't in the UK? I mean you surely also have a shortage of new cars which in turn is raising the prices for used cars and I'd assume the number of good/rare examples also isn't rising. Do people have to sell because of economical reasons like it was the case in southern Europe where you could buy cars like E30 M3's for quite good prices when they were hit hard?

Prices for second hand cars in the UK are still high, and Clio 197/200s are enjoying good prices at the moment. But most are selling between £3,000 for rough examples up to £8,000 for good examples. Some will fetch higher prices. A Clio 200 with 600 (six hundred) miles was sold recently and it went for £15,000. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234347530905 In my view that Clio 200 is a collector's item.

I just do not think that this pearl white Clio is worth £12,000 - but good luck to the seller, I hope he gets as much money for the car as he can.

Reactions: Sean197
Depending on the kms (miles) his Clio has 12k wouldn't be that unrealistic over here. Just look at the following link for example.

That's what's on the market on one of our main sales platforms at the moment. It's not much as you can see and since quite some time there are less and less good examples available while the prices are going through the roof. I've an offer for mine that's 1k below of what I've paid but that's from a dealer in France that would buy it unseen and has to pay for trans- and import mind you. If I'd sell now I'd actually ask for 1k more than I've paid about five years ago and would presumably get that. Here good or rare examples actually are an investment. Not like a V6 or what ever but they're at least holding their value and depending on what you paid you can make a smaller profit if you'd sell now.
This seems to be the case in basically the whole EU. Not sure why this isn't in the UK? I mean you surely also have a shortage of new cars which in turn is raising the prices for used cars and I'd assume the number of good/rare examples also isn't rising. Do people have to sell because of economical reasons like it was the case in southern Europe where you could buy cars like E30 M3's for quite good prices when they were hit hard?

Yeah mainland europe has always been higher due to the fact LHD cars can be easily moved between countries and fit in fine, yet RHD cars UK have people in Mainland europe do not want (for obvious reasons), so Japan, India, Australia etc are the only countries, but they're so far away, the premiums are much lower.

Clio 172s are going up so rapidly in price I suppose it’s logical that 197s and 200s will as well but my thoughts are that the main use for these currently are as beginner track cars they are too modern to be collected as future classics.