Pearl White RS200 (Cambs/Herts area)

Just saying hello, as a proud owner of a 2010 Renaultsport Clio 200. Hoping it will be an "interesting" daily driver to go with my Lotus Evora and Mazda RX-8 race car.

It has a patchy history, so will be MoT'd and serviced next week. Servicing will be by me, so planning on:

- engine oil + filter
- air filter
- gearbox oil (Elf NFP)
- brake fluid
- cabin filter

The car is on 52k but well over 5 years old so will schedule a cambelt change in the near future. Scuffed up white wheels will be refurbed black or anthracite (once I decide).

More important than all that is the Scorpion resonated cat back. Sounds nice but too loud for my daily car so it will be replaced by OEM. Will research how to do this next week...

Expect some dumbass questions once I get the spanners out :smile:

Welcome

sounds a good little project

i have a Full OEM exhaust inc CAT if you need to buy one- only 10k miles

regards
steve

Welcome. Only 46 200's were ordered in Pearl White. I've one too. Is yours multiple shades of PW? I'm not talking the contrast between the plastic bumpers and metal body, which is the usual excuse, but different shades on the body? The paint quality on mine is absolutely shocking! It goes from PW to Liquid Yellow in places. It really brought out how shocking it was when I had it professionally detailed.

Oh, and adding the Elf NFP to the gearbox was the best thing I did. I purchased it on 3100 miles and after the 'box oil was changed it was like a night and day difference. Heaven knows what 'boxes on high miles are like if they still have NFJ in them.

I also understand that regularly changing/bleeding the brake fluid can mitigate the self destruction of the 'box. The clutch and brake fluid share the master cylinder reservoir. I read that when tracked or given a good work out the fluid naturally gets hammered and therefore the clutch slave cylinder doesn't work as effectively. Not being able to get the 'box into first when cold without force is as much a slave issue as anything else i.e. it's pap on the 200's.

No PW were delivered with White Speedlines from the factory either. So should your white wheels be the Renault Speedlines they began life black or were an after sale purchase in white.

Last edited:
Welcome :smile: Never knew Pearl white even existed! It looks ace though from what i've found on Google

Thanks for the info ShantiT

The paintwork looks OK to me but there is a slight mismatch between the bumper and the front wings.

Wheels are the the original Speedlines as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the advice about the brake fluid. I'll be sure to bleed the clutch as well.

Made a schoolboy error when I bought the car and found that I had a whole 2 days left on the MoT. Car has 4 new tyres and no noticeable play in the suspension so wasn't too worried. Booked in for tomorrow.

Took it for my first solo drive today and the first time I hit the brakes hard it veered strongly before the ABS sorted it out. Bugger. Brake overhaul required.

So with only an evening available I decided to give the calipers a quick clean up, then replace the brake fluid. Removed the pads, cleaned up with brake cleaner, retracted the pistons, then new copper grease and reassembled. Re-greased the slider pins on the rear as well. Noticed the rear dust seals are split so will plan a full caliper overhaul on the rears.

Bled the fluid with 1.5 litres of Castrol Super Response DOT4 that I had in stock. In my haste I didn't notice that I let the reservoir run dry which meant a second round of bleeding but at least I know that I've completely flushed through the old fluid. It must have been the original stuff judging by the colour of it.

Not enough time to bleed the clutch so I'll do that at the weekend with the "new home" service.

Brakes feel so much better now and I'm confident that it will pass the MoT brake efficiency test. I can now see the bottom part of the rear discs starting to clean up. Strange design of rear caliper to have the piston right at the outer edge of the disc and not central on the pad.

MoT pass - yay!

Engine oil and filters arrived today. Just need the gearbox oil to arrive before the weekend...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk