one less unmarked car to worry about

Holy crap! WTF did he do?! It's good to see my TAX contributions are well spent.

Pay for his advanced driving training.
Pay for his awesome car.
Pay his salary to wreck awesome car.
Pay for his hospital treatment.

Nice.

That is absolutely mangled, he was obviously test driving it to try and have a bit of fun in it. Not a good idea at 1am in the winter, bound to be icy on the roads

Haha although I did see a marked Hyundai i30 estate in Cardiff yesterday lol don't know what he's stopping in that lol Budget cuts fail!

What a jack ass, he was clearly out for the razz and ****ed it up!

Still not entirely sure why the force needs high powered unmarked cars TBH. The performance part is fine, but why no markings?.... So they can harass people in to breaking the law! Entrapment means nothing to the traffic police.

Still not entirely sure why the force needs high powered unmarked cars TBH. The performance part is fine, but why no markings?.... So they can harass people in to breaking the law! Entrapment means nothing to the traffic police.

Because c*cks in German dervs tend to drive like saints whenever they see a marked car?

Entrapment would be if they goaded you into planting your foot before nicking you which I'd have thought they don't do.

Huh???

You not watched police interceptors on the tele?

The GMP have been using unmarked performance cars for donkeys years in order to catch all the little scroats that think its good to go out, burgle some poor sods house and nick his high performance car off his driveway. Strangely they can see a marked police car from a mile away. Good on 'em I say, couldn't imagine a job I'd enjoy more.

As for the crash, well I won't comment on that as I have no idea how it happened, could be completely legit and even if it was the police wouldn't tell us anyhow.

And as for other forces using unmarked cars......well if you don't do anything wrong you wont get a ticket.

As for the crash, well I won't comment on that as I have no idea how it happened, could be completely legit and even if it was the police wouldn't tell us anyhow.

It said the copper had taken it for a test drive :wink: and so we know what that means

1 other possibility was copper was from fraud squad as they had a tip off VW were frauduluntly claiming the GTI was NCAP 5, so they need to confirm this :smile:

This was less than 500 Yards from my works depot.

A single carriageway (40MPH) road, leading towards a large 3 lane roundabout with 4 exits. The roundabout has an island in the centre, approximately 500Ft wide. The isalnd has banked edges, approximately 5Ft high... I arrived there around 30 minutes after this had happened and I've been waiting for the official photos to be released. How he survived is beyond me.

The car was about 75Ft into the island!!! ON ITS ROOF!!! It had bounced at least 4 times judging from the marks on the grass. Prior to going up the banked edging and onto the island, he'd bounced up the pavement and across a grass central reservation on the 40MPH carriageway. So, that had taken at least some of the speed away, yet he still managed to do this. Let's be honest, he wasn't doing 40MPH was he!?!

NO OTHER CARS INVOLVED. He wasn't chasing anyone, nor was he under blue-lights. He was alone in the car, luckily. The road approaching the roundabout is perfectly straight and from the CCTV, our security guard has said that he went at least 20Ft into the air before landing nose down and upside down and then rolling/bouncing end over end.

I hope he gets the same treatment a civilian would get, afterall, the cameras in the car were running as well as the CCTV from surrounding buildings. They closed the road about 15 minutes I got there and it stayed closed for most of the day to ''gather'' evidence. Must've taken them ages, there was bits of VAG all over the place.

Grade A C0ck.

What a mess! I can't really see what a 3 door would help in the police force.

Huh???

The GMP have been using unmarked performance cars for donkeys years in order to catch all the little scroats that think its good to go out, burgle some poor sods house and nick his high performance car off his driveway. Strangely they can see a marked police car from a mile away. Good on 'em I say, couldn't imagine a job I'd enjoy more.

Your right about that, i owned a few sunbeam Ti's years ago and in the owners club we had a few ex police lotus sunbeams.

If anyone knows these cars they had great bold stripes down the side that screamed 'fast' :rofl: the ones the manchester police had were all plain base model colours and vynal roofs and two sets of number plates

Read today the copper who was driving was in the BBC cops program and car had only been loaned to them for 2 days to try it out

1 other possibility was copper was from fraud squad as they had a tip off VW were frauduluntly claiming the GTI was NCAP 5, so they need to confirm this :smile:

LMAO!

That should be an automatic ban for dangerous driving. Lets see what will come of it... :001_rolleyes: