one less unmarked car to worry about

This was less than 500 Yards from my works depot.

A single carriageway (40MPH) road, leading towards a large 3 lane roundabout with 4 exits. The roundabout has an island in the centre, approximately 500Ft wide. The isalnd has banked edges, approximately 5Ft high... I arrived there around 30 minutes after this had happened and I've been waiting for the official photos to be released. How he survived is beyond me.

The car was about 75Ft into the island!!! ON ITS ROOF!!! It had bounced at least 4 times judging from the marks on the grass. Prior to going up the banked edging and onto the island, he'd bounced up the pavement and across a grass central reservation on the 40MPH carriageway. So, that had taken at least some of the speed away, yet he still managed to do this. Let's be honest, he wasn't doing 40MPH was he!?!

NO OTHER CARS INVOLVED. He wasn't chasing anyone, nor was he under blue-lights. He was alone in the car, luckily. The road approaching the roundabout is perfectly straight and from the CCTV, our security guard has said that he went at least 20Ft into the air before landing nose down and upside down and then rolling/bouncing end over end.

I hope he gets the same treatment a civilian would get, afterall, the cameras in the car were running as well as the CCTV from surrounding buildings. They closed the road about 15 minutes I got there and it stayed closed for most of the day to ''gather'' evidence. Must've taken them ages, there was bits of VAG all over the place.

Grade A C0ck.
What the sh*t....

I hope he does too...

Numpty. I remember the copper who crashed a drunk driver's Evo. He ended up in someones back garden instead of the vehicle compound, I'd be fuming (but of course I wouldn't drink and drive)!

Because c*cks in German dervs tend to drive like saints whenever they see a marked car?

Entrapment would be if they goaded you into planting your foot before nicking you which I'd have thought they don't do.

I know what entrapment is. Obviously your lucky enough to not have come across too many of these, or maybe it's just S.Y police that act like ****s.

I've been tail gated numerous times even to the point of it being properly dangerous. Not to mention the times I've seen them tail gating others and ploughing down the m1 at 100/120mph+

Numpty. I remember the copper who crashed a drunk driver's Evo. He ended up in someones back garden instead of the vehicle compound, I'd be fuming (but of course I wouldn't drink and drive)!

Funnily enough, that lad is local and his dads company is a customer of mine at work!!! I know, I know, it all happens when I'm around doesn't it!?! :rofl:

The full story of what happened with Matt and his Evo VIII is as follows;

Had a couple of bottles at a mates house after a night out where he hadn't been drinking. He was driving home, unknowingly over the limit but not ''drunk'' by any stretch... He wasn't speeding or anything untoward, he was pulled over because the Police behind him (marked car) had ran his number plate and it had come back as being a BLACK Evo VIII. Now, Matts car was YELLOW, just had a load of work done including a paintjob but hadn't updated the details on his V5 at that time. Error.

Matt was breathalised and of course, failed, at the roadside. A van collected him whilst the two Coppers in the marked car waitied with his Evo VIII for the pickup truck. Whilst they were waiting, they decided to take it for a spin. Or roll, as it turned out. They lost it, somehow, again on a road that's near enough straight. Clipped the kerb and rolled side-on between a parked Range Rover Vogue and a Mercedes E???. Honest to God, you would not believe they went through the middle of them unless you saw the scene yourself. After that they went through a fence and across some poor blokes back garden and finally ended up resting against his patio doors.

Happened on one of the most affluent roads in Hale. Matt got points and a ban with a derisory compensation payout for his car. He countered and pushed for TWOC against the two Coppers but wasn't succesful. I *think* one was discharged and one got a ''reprimand''. Now, not one to point fingers, but the senior of the two Coppers (discharged one) was a Scouser. Nothing like living up to a stereotype is there!?! :thumbup:

So, if you're in Manchester or any GMP controlled area and some blue lights come on behind you, my advice would be to gun it, gun it to your nearest Police station. Because, either they'll crash behind you whilst trying to keep up or they'll crash your car when they find a reason to take it off you...

A case of ''I wasn't running Officer, I was delivering the car to the station for you''. :smile:

Last edited:
Honestly, next time I'm on that road I'll get a photo. The guy whos house it was had just spent a fortune having all his garden landscaped too and the fence was about a week old, I think he got a bigger payout then Matt did hahaha!!! He lost around £10k on what his car was worth and the mods etc., he's a car salesman by trade with his own business so the driving ban has made life a bit sh!t for him. You live and learn though I suppose.

His dad was f#cking fuming, more so with the Police then Mike!!!

I'll try find the photos...

*EDIT* - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-crash-suspects-high-powered-sports-car.html

Last edited:
Unreal - Both of those coppers should have lost their jobs and the car owner should have been fully compensated. How unjust is that?!

Sh!t isn't it. I think he got in the region of £7,000 off them in the end. :worried: