Ollie's AG 200 Progress thread (new wheels)

Just picked the car up from Renault, i must say the gearbox feels so much better now, more smooth and stiff, the way it should have been from the start. I don't have any photos of the new synchros but they feel much better :wink:

The Federal 595 rsr's are going on tomorrow as well :smile:

the box was taken apart and the broken synchros were replaced :wink: it looked fresh from the inside so no reason to replace so much its only the rings that crack but now it has been replaced with a new type which should be much stronger :smile:

i hope so however i can't guarantee it, Simo's friend works for Renault and he took care of it for me so could have been on a friendship basis but the parts came from Renault so i assume that they have developed a better part. Yeah it was done in Monza in Renault, fantastic service, can't even compare to my UK experiences with dealers and service centres...

Noticed this pipe under the bonnet that i have never seen before, car was at Renault, does anyone know what it is?

195b1acc.jpg

Also, does anyone know the best way to get rid of condensation in the headlight? the war was outside during the weekend and there was a huge storm :worried:

791be847.jpg

Have you drove it yet ollie with the feds on suprisingly they heat up quick on the road im impressed with mine

Noticed this pipe under the bonnet that i have never seen before, car was at Renault, does anyone know what it is?

airm.jpg

Look for numbers 8 & 9.

You're welcome. :wink:

I only had a chance to drive it normally on the road, not pushed it yet. It's 30 degrees here today so i hope they heat up and stick to the road :wink:

Really bad day for the Clio today :worried:

Whilst at Monza, the clutch blew so no pressure in the pedal, which caused loads of smoke and a leaking gearbox. Seems strange as the track is fast so not much gear changing at all... i hope the problem isn't too big and costly but it looked quite bad to me.Managed to get the car towed to Renault so i will find out whats gone wrong in the coming days. Also the brand new federal rsr on the front looks as if someone has cut it with a knife, i'm guessing the quality of them can't be great if it happens after one light track day...

yeah it is i hope its covered the car only got picked up from Renault last week after having the gearbox repaired... not a happy bunny at the moment