Ollie's AG 200 Progress thread (new wheels)

thanks a lot mate is that standard ride height?

Yeah totally standard ride, its only 3 weeks old, want to lower it but don't want to mess with the handling too much. Looking for the rear strut brace next but need to see one in person to see if I can still get a drum kit in the back with one lol

i think ill fit coilovers first and then see how low the sides go, otherwise ill leave 300 quid on the first speed bump in my apartment complex :smile:

Lol, am thinking that I may have trouble with them at some point but I do take speed humps very very steady anyway

the one at mine is huge no matter how slow you go, its more of a ramp that goes over a pavement, it scrapes already and that's with standard ride height and no RS skirts :worried:

:O thats no good, my BMW scrapes when I go up my mums street if I approach too fast and that is with no speed bumps! Underside of front splitter has no paint anymore :worried:

Another one!

Thought that expensive oil you bought for the gearbox would have kept it healthy?

'The Frog' is getting his gearbox taken out at the moment, thanks to Simo's friend who is in charge of the operation we can get some photos to actually see what the problem behind all this gearbox trouble is. Here are some photos of what happened today, more will be posted as they open up the gears tomorrow:

1b81a8a3.jpg

16325a04.jpg

65396c74.jpg

6fca48de.jpg

2b58273a.jpg

e232e7ff.jpg

i have no idea to be honest with you, it's Simo's friend who's doing it at Renault so he will know the ins and outs of it :wink:

next on the mod list is to fit the new tyres once the car is back, some new vinyl elements and a tdf exhaust :smile:

those synchro/baulk rings have that "carbon" friction material on the inside - normally there are machined grooves on the inside of the rings when made from "brass" (non-ferrous metals) - this is to do with how the rings help the gears synchronise in speed - basically "friction" slows them down so the gear can be engaged

so looking at that i would say the process to bond the "friction" pad on the inside of the baulk ring has failed - so when you go for a gear the synchronising effect of the ring ie friction is ripping that off - poor effort renault!!!!!

example here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlLHtnEVAi8&feature=related

Last edited: