Ok.. nearly sure the Clio is going

Just sat and worked out and I would be saving around £150 a month on the car alone. Insurance goes down about £100 a year and petrol would be 95 Ron instead of 97/98 + better MPG.

The car I'm looking at is

http://www.usedcarsni.com/63043625

What does everyone think? Will this car be as involving to drive? I really want to be buying a house in the near future hence the sudden need to be saving :worried:

Last edited:
If you think you will keep it a while and not get bored, but try to get a warranty on it, not just because it is an alfa, but because it is an 8yr old motor car.

you'll spend a few grand on repairs in the first year!
obviously, horror stories are exaggerated but i had a mate who bought a 2.0 147. interior was amazing, very nice car. but he bought/replaced starter motor, alternator and pedal box (!!!) within the first year. and his was only 4 years old.....
you may get lucky, or you may not. i've always wanted the GTA, but my head keeps beating my heart regarding an alfa....

stu.

EDIT - also, fuel economy was far from fantastic on his too. and the different per litre of 95 to 98 must be, at a guess 6 or 7 pence. 50 litre tank, 3 quid per tank saving. it's negligable tbh.

dude go drive it first if you havent and id be amazed if you still want it, They dont mature very well the alfa's and when i worked at an alfa dealer 147's were in and out all the time. Also an older 2.0L prob wont be all that much better on fuel.

mines for sale too

hopefully gettin a mint 106 gti in its place

should be puttin most 197 too shame too haha

Thanks guys - What would you guys recommend? I don't really like VW's or Fords and I'm wanting something cheap and reliable

Ye, I would not be looking at a 147 if you want to save money! Those T-Spark engine's are good for driving, but not for the wallet! Lol! I think a nice 1.5 dci Clio would be good for savings. Tax is cheap too. Not the sportiest though. How about an old A3?

I think its a case of waiting until next year (January time) which is my review and see if I get a pay rise.. cheers anyway guys

I hope you don't have to do this mate, its never good and I think you will be disappointed with the replacement. I know 'if needs must' etc, but it wouldn't be good to lose it. If you can hang on to see about the rise it might be worthwhile, but there is no point living on peanuts (or beans :wink:) for it! I am worried that my commute is going to get twice as long in the coming weeks/months and I hoping it doesn't mean anything bad for the Clio.