Nissan Nismo outsales clio 200.....

Recoiled in horror? Like this?

[YOUTUBE]kE4r8M_gfWQ[/YOUTUBE]

Oh my god. The horror......

koumpounophobia

Well as I only have to touch the gear lever once/twice per journey I can't really say it bothers me

Anyway. I guess I should keep my options to myself, I mean I only drive one every day ffs

Last edited:
You can't say that Kev. Everyone on here is always right

(and when I say everyone I mean.....well......Erm.....I've lost interest now. What was I saying?)

You should accept the fact that most people just dont like the car that looks cheap and nothing special compared to the ordinary clio, and costs much more that the old one did. Its not any better in performance comparisson with the old one, and certanly its not the best in its class, as the old one was. Thats what bothers most people imo, because Renault tried to rip us off with this cheap "rs makeover" of an ordinary clio, saying that its much better in everydays use and in the areas that a little rs fans like. Now its selling badly, and this hurts them.

Duli

Don't buy one then

~Fin

Just gonna echo this. Duli you are beginning to sound like a broken record, going over and over the same points. We get that you dont like it. End of really.

You're getting boring now!

Just gonna echo this. Duli you are beginning to sound like a broken record, going over and over the same points. We get that you dont like it. End of really.

You're getting boring now!

I think you've hit hit the nail on the head there everyone just echos the same problems with the new clio over and over but in reality these are small issues. Every car has problems who can say the 200 was perfect?

I'd say if the new clio puts as big a smile on the owners face as the previous models then I'd say renaultsport have succeeded.
Ashton's certainly put a smile on mine it's just stunning in white :smile:

I enjoy my car every time I drive it. I even make excuses to go out to the shop

Smiles per gallon

I'm itching to hear ktecs exhaust. Dave says it cracks and bangs in RS mode

With 1100 miles done I'm getting about 36mpg

It hasn't been caned yet. It will be though on the 30th at donnington

A raider was £21695? Really? Man that was dear.

Expensive for a car you couldn't polish and had to wash carefully. The price of the 197/200 did nothing except rise and you didn't get a lot as standard which by the time you'd spec'd it to your needs it pushed it just short of megane 250 pricing (at the time).
the 200t comes in two forms EDC for 18K or LUX for 19K with a standard set of toys depending on your choice so it's coming in at the price a new 200 went out at and people are moaning it's too expensive!
If it's as over priced as people say then in two years time it will have dropped considerably price wise on the second hand market; however if they are rare they will hold their price for instance take the phase 1 V6 Clio - looked faster than it was and handled poorly, yet for a Renault that's over 10 years old they are still holding their prices between 9 - 12K or even 15K that one garage is trying to sell it at.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's the end of the world as said before if you don't like don't buy it (don't get seen in a second hand one either or you'll lose all forum credibility) and if you do like it buy and enjoy your rare car.

Tbh, I thought we were just giving opinions, not slagging people off. Don't take stuff personally.

I drive a Mazda, it ain't perfect, I could list you a number of things I don't like about it, but I drive it and some would disagree with me about those points too!

Forums.....Dont think owning any car is a prerequisite for having an opinion on them. People on here own Clio's and I still don't agree with them! The 200T is always going to generate debate (especially on a Clio forum) given that it couldn't be any more different than its predecessor.

In principle the statement 'don't buy one' is correct and in fairness by the looks of things there are many on here that are doing exactly that and are buying ST's or 250's instead.

Personally having drove a Clio 200T, its a great car. Its expensive for what it is but the 200 wasn't cheap either. Its a compromise no doubt but I'm sure it was aimed a more people like me with wife and children, than single younger blokes (apologies if I'm making assumptions) that expected more of the same. Sorry it appears that the Clio s just grown up. Its now a car for everyone, and includes more that it excludes. For what its worth wifey said she'd be happier driving it than the 197 (once it wasn't yellow) and that speaks volumes for me given shes never drove my car.

You can always keep your 197/200's. There are still great cars....

Last edited:
i traded my 197 in for a brand New ST and i love it. i had been plagued with problems in the 197 but it was still a fantastic car. i admit when they first released the 200T i did not like the looks of it but after seeing one in the flesh for the first time only the other day, it is lovely looking. i think the gearbox might take some user feel away from it but i think it would still be a good car. wish i could go a test drive one, just too see what it was like.
people seem to instantly hate a car if it doesnt do what they want! and they dont appreciate the things that it does, renault have thought completely different to the rest of the hot hatches its competing with. ie The ST and GTi so Kudos to them>

there was a similar thing on fiesta ST forum over the weekend people slating the Corsa VXR even the Burg edition! just because it wasnt there car! if we are enthusiast shouldnt we appreciate all cars and what they do?

i traded my 197 in for a brand New ST and i love it. i had been plagued with problems in the 197 but it was still a fantastic car. i admit when they first released the 200T i did not like the looks of it but after seeing one in the flesh for the first time only the other day, it is lovely looking. i think the gearbox might take some user feel away from it but i think it would still be a good car. wish i could go a test drive one, just too see what it was like.
people seem to instantly hate a car if it doesnt do what they want! and they dont appreciate the things that it does, renault have thought completely different to the rest of the hot hatches its competing with. ie The ST and GTi so Kudos to them>

there was a similar thing on fiesta ST forum over the weekend people slating the Corsa VXR even the Burg edition! just because it wasnt there car! if we are enthusiast shouldnt we appreciate all cars and what they do?

I tried my best to defend the honour of the VXR in that thread. That forum is full of chavs yet they mock the VXr for being a "chav wagon". Fannys!

I tried my best to defend the honour of the VXR in that thread. That forum is full of chavs yet they mock the VXr for being a "chav wagon". Fannys!
Yeah i noticed that, they just didnt seem to understand the point you were making! i wasnt even going to put my opinion on there just to get abuse hurled my way! your pretty much spot on! not a fan of the forum, everyone is too 'up themselves.' But as i said everyone should appreciate what cars do differently, no matter the downsides. otherwise every car would be exactly the same and boring.

Similar Thread Suggestions