Nissan Nismo outsales clio 200.....

Do we have any sales figures to back that up like the UK ones posted in this topic so far? Not trying to be arsey I'm just genuinely interested if they are selling or not, as if they don't perhaps Renault will do something about it.

No Renault won't release figures till production ends. All I know is they are meeting European expectations.

What you need to remember is renaultsport is a niche product that is not set sales targets

The Juke is one of UKs most popular cars. It appeals to everybody tbh. Having a slightly faster better looking one on sale is only gonna help things.

I can totally see why the Juke would outsell the EDC in this "area".

Though, recently I have begun to see a load more normal Clio 4s on the road up our way. Seem to becoming more and more popular.

I haven't seen a 200T on the road other than the one I drove from Renault Wolverhampton. Seen loads of STs and 208 gtis. I think in trying to appeal to a wider audience, they've not only failed to do so, but also alienated it's normal RS buyers.

I liked the car, but I would value it at £4k less than Renault do and make the standard equipment and the options list better. The quality of the materials, build and design of the interior is not worth the price. All IMO obviously.

I liked the car, but I would value it at £4k less than Renault do and make the standard equipment and the options list better. The quality of the materials, build and design of the interior is not worth the price. All IMO obviously.

This is a bit difficult considering that Renault pays Getrag £1500 for the gearbox only!!

Out of interest what's the list price on the latest raider again?

:wink:

This is a bit difficult considering that Renault pays Getrag £1500 for the gearbox only!!

How do VAG manage to put a DSG in the Polo and the Ibiza for less? The Ibiza starts at £16795, the Clio £18995, but both are paddle shift autos. For the extra kit, the build quality is not good enough. Take the cheap plastic button on the back of the gear selector. Terrible. Absolutely terrible. The 6 different shades of red in the cabin. The cheap looking plastics and the tacky RenaultSport badge stuck on the passenger side of the dash. They should not be in a car worth £19k before you've even added parking sensors, which I think should be standard. Your can't even spec Xenon headlights, something that in 1999 came standard on the 172 and is fitted to most performance models.

In most areas of the car there's something they could and should have done better. IMO.

So the raider is 21695 and I paid sub 19k for ny 200T lux with cup pack

Hmmmm

As said before each to their own. I have a car that has the same power as my old car, more torque, 50% better mpg. 50% lower road tax. More comfortable. Nav, bt, usb, folding mirrors, privacy glass as standard. Tuning potential is better. 5 doors is better for getting little one in the back. Great to drive round town. Sport and race mode are razor Sharp when pressing on

Blah. Blah. Blah

Like it? Buy it
Don't like it? Go buy a polo/mini/Fabia

End of

How do VAG manage to put a DSG in the Polo and the Ibiza for less? The Ibiza starts at £16795, the Clio £18995, but both are paddle shift autos.

Maybe this has to do with the fact that DSG is VAG therefore costs less for them to fit whereas Renault pays full price to a third party supplier?

Maybe this has to do with the fact that DSG is VAG therefore costs less for them to fit whereas Renault pays full price to a third party supplier?

So Renault should use the DSG then! Ha ha! Na, I just think that in principal it might have been a good idea, but because of the cost factor it would have been better to stick with a manual and compete with the majority of other hot hatches directly (Fiesta St, Corsa VXR, Pug 208 GTi) rather than the 3 semi-auto VAG cars (Polo GTi, Seat Ibiza Cupra, Skoda Fabia VRS, which are effectively the same car anyway) which don't get highly praised enough for similar reasons.

They should just admit defeat before it goes too far and bang the gearbox out this Nismo Juke in the Clio, drop the price a couple of £k and give it a bit more kit as standard.

dsg is vw but wasn't actually their gearbox...

clio4 uses a getrag dc box...

wasn't it porshe that came up with the dc design from racing???

So you want loads more kit and 3k less?

Maybe a Hyundai is required :wink:

Not loads, but when you consider the spec of a standard 172 and the 200T, the price increase to me just isn't justified with having a paddle shift gearbox.

I just think they've got it wrong. The car is very capable and holds the road well. I liked driving it, but it lacks the excitement the 197 gave me and the rest of it just doesn't justify the price to me. It's lost a little bit of what makes a car a hot hatch. It's small, has sorted handling, looks good, but it should be more simple and fun to chuck around. Like a 197/200, but with a more econimical engine would have been the right way to go IMO.

dsg is vw but wasn't actually their gearbox...

clio4 uses a getrag dc box...

wasn't it porshe that came up with the dc design from racing???

This is true, as I mentioned in a previous post Renault pays Getrag £1500 for each gearbox! I don't think a DSG box costs that much to VW and tbh I couldn't see mk4 been identically priced with the mk3 anyway (even though it matches Raider when it comes to pricing...something that speaks volumes of Raider's original price!!)

I glad it's not just me then...I recoiled in horror when I first felt that button on the gear shift lever...Fisher Price springs to mind.

Similar Thread Suggestions