Nissan Nismo outsales clio 200.....

For the previous generation 200, I'd agree with you 100%.

This one though? No. If it was made to appeal to the traditional hot-hatch buyer they'd have given it a manual 'box and firmed it up more similar to the older 200 to appeal to the more hardcore driver.

I'd be surprised if 10% of the people considering a 200T would ever take it on track. For the last Clio 200, that figure was probably closer to 40-50%.

Do agree with you in that more people would have been likely to track the previous 200 as it appears more focused in that direction.

The 200T as i said is just to a more wider audience. For example the different modes normal, sport, race etc to suit what the driver desires.

Renault are just trying to appeal to a wider audience.

Are people more likely to track a 200T over a Juke - my opinion yes

Is the car as hardcore as the previous 197/200 - doesn't appear to be but i've not driven one so can only go by reviews.

I just think the 200T cant be compared with the Juke as PH have done. Like i said, the Fiesta ST is more a direct competition.

The reason they've been compared is because they are built on the same chassis with near identical engines, hence the title; Blood Brothers. They are both also 5 door. People who think the Juke is a big car are mistaken; headroom in the rear is a joke and I'm sure it's equally terrible in the Clio.

Are people more likely to track a 200T over a Juke - my opinion yes

Is the car as hardcore as the previous 197/200 - doesn't appear to be but i've not driven one so can only go by reviews.

I just think the 200T cant be compared with the Juke as PH have done. Like i said, the Fiesta ST is more a direct competition.

I still maintain it can be.

Softer, 5 doors, wider appeal, auto-box. It's kind of a cross-over vehicle itself now with a toe in both markets.

It's not a traditional family car, yet it's no longer a true hot-hatch either. It's trying to be all things to all men and not really succeeding in any one area.

That fact's confirmed by the sales figures.

I still maintain it can be.

Softer, 5 doors, wider appeal, auto-box. It's kind of a cross-over vehicle itself now with a toe in both markets.

It's not a traditional family car, yet it's no longer a true hot-hatch either. It's trying to be all things to all men and not really succeeding in any one area.

That fact's confirmed by the sales figures.

Thats exactly what i'm saying buy saying Renault have done it to appeal to a wider audience. But in doing so i don't think they have completely ruled out more hardcore drivers who track their cars - as i said previously, cup chassis and race modes for example to suit what people desire.

The clio is first and foremost a hot-hatch where as the Juke a crossover/suv. Perhaps comparing them on performance etc as they share so much, but in terms of sales i think a more fair comparison is a Fiesta ST as that is also first and foremost a hot-hatch

I believe someone at Trax was saying about Nissan buying Renault and so the technology in the 200T is all nissan stuff (perhaps the reason the 200t and Juke have been compared). Still, think its unfair comparison between a SUV/Crossover and a hothatch. Fair comparison would be the Fiesta ST which has already been done.

Renault own a controlling stake in Nissan, they have done for years, check out this link.
www.renault.com/en/groupe/l-alliance-renault-nissan/pages/fonctionnement-et-structure.aspx

The reason they've been compared is because they are built on the same chassis with near identical engines, hence the title; Blood Brothers. They are both also 5 door. People who think the Juke is a big car are mistaken; headroom in the rear is a joke and I'm sure it's equally terrible in the Clio.

^^ Yep exactly; they're very similar platforms.

The idea that there's no crossover between the two platforms (in my opinion) is a bit narrow minded. Of course non of us really gave the Juke a second look, but that's because we're all enthusiast drivers/renault fans/track day'ers etc. The Juke/X1/Mini Countryman etc. we're developed to steal sales from people who would normally buy a small hatch like the Clio, but for a few extra pennies could "upgrade" to one of these mini crossovers. The idea of the Juke Nismo, is to steal away that last % of small hatch customers who only wanted the best/fastest/most expensive car in their segment. Not everyone who bought a Clio we're after a track car, lots of them wanted to buy a Clio but could afford (and so bought) the range-topping RenaultSport.

On the flip side of that, the reason for the auto box, turbo engine, 5 doors, lack of bucket seats and Brembos on the new Clio was to help it fight back. It gives people more toys/more speed/nicer looks than a mini cross over like the regular Juke/X1 etc. for the same price.

Things are simple, let's wait to see how the 200T does against its predecessors (197/200). If it outsells either of them then it's a win for Renault. If not...well..rest my case.

Comparing cars in different category's..... Right, ok.

Talking to a Renault Press Worker a couple of months ago, the only anticipated selling 900/year, this is about the same as how many 197/200's were sold during their build time.

But you only buy a Juke if you have a Labrador and a white stick (great looking cars)...ZZZZZZZZZ

I actually prefer the look of the JukeR to the 200T, lets be honest they both have ugly front ends. The fact it has a manual box and the option of 4WD makes it more appealing IMO.

I personally hope the 200T flops and Renault learn a lesson that by shunning their core market (who do not want 5doors, auto, fake engine noise) to appeal to a wider market is not the way for the Renaultsport brand!

they've changed too much in one go imo,
from a car that won near enough every comparison test it was entered in to
to an ugly 5 door with a stupid gearbox that plays engine noise through the speakers

Nothing wrong with the gearbox from my experience with it. Paddles would be better suited on the wheel with less travel and that's about it.

TBH Renault couldn't give a toss what you think as you are a uk buyer in a dwinderling market.

I'm lead to believe they are selling well on the continent and for Renault that's all what counts.

Silverstone, raider didn't sell and so called hard core uk fans didn't take up all the allotted r26r's and the 265 trophy struggled which they ended up discounting the last 6 quite heavily.

Shouldn't have posted that link as it just make this thread go round in circles lol..

As with every car (eg: some don't like the front of the 200's where as i personally prefer them to the 197 - hence brought a 200) there will always be divided opinions.

If you like it - buy it
If you don't - don't buy it

I'm lead to believe they are selling well on the continent and for Renault that's all what counts.

Do we have any sales figures to back that up like the UK ones posted in this topic so far? Not trying to be arsey I'm just genuinely interested if they are selling or not, as if they don't perhaps Renault will do something about it.

I personally think everyone should keep there opinions to themselves as said previously if you like buy it if your don't then grow up and stop slating it. No one wants to hear your opinion yes they may be valid but the threads just go round in circles. No one cares about selling statistics your not going to buy a car because everyone else has it your going to buy a car if you life it end of. Rant over

No one wants to hear your opinion yes they may be valid but the threads just go round in circles. No one cares about selling statistics your not going to buy a car because everyone else has it your going to buy a car if you life it end of. Rant over

UK sales figures are not opinions though, its fact. I was only asking if we have sales figures for other countries outside the UK to see if its the same situation elsewhere, or just a UK specific quirk.

UK sales figures are not opinions though, its fact. I was only asking if we have sales figures for other countries outside the UK to see if its the same situation elsewhere, or just a UK specific quirk.

I get that but does it matter if it's selling, no it doesn't its an invalid argument, who cares if it sells, Renault should be the only people looking at sales as I said you don't buy a car because it's sold loads you buy one because you like it. Im just sick and tired of coming on the forum and there is another thread moaning about the 200t.

Similar Thread Suggestions