Newbie - looking to buy

The main diff is the 200 has a revised stronger gearbox. Also mapped to give more torque lower down

There will always be a division of the masses when it comes to looks of the 197 vs 200

All clio 1975 and 200 have Brembos (red for cup versions or cup packed cars and silver for 'softer' full fat versions)

The r27 will give you xenons, recaros, cup pack as standard where as these are all optional on the 200 range

The recaros are also slightly different in the 200

I would suggest driving the 2 and seeing what you prefer and what matches your budget

Personally I would have my storm grey 200 back in a heartbeat. I miss it so much

2zic8y0.png

I have had the 200T for 6 months now and I'm about to start throwing sone mods at it now it's ran in

Std vs std the 200T is a quicker more refined car

I do miss the rawness of the screaming 2.0na on track though.

I have tracked my turbo 3 times so far and it is good on track. The gearbox in race mode is great and the launch control cracks me up

Just waiting for my supersprint exhaust to arrive from Italy as it need more noise.....lots more noise

I have had coilovers on it already but they came off as the kit was faulty so I will be ordering some KW V3s. Same as what I had on my old 200 and some track wheels/tyres for the summer and my trip to Spa

I am currently returning 32mpg....thus was a thing of dreams in my. Old car though as I used to get it as low as 9mpg. Lol

:smile:

Last edited:
Yeah it was an addiction with the akrapovic evo exhaust too

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp.......bang.....pop...pop....pop :smile:

M88KE - just youtubed that set up and found your video!

Nice :smiley:

I think I'm set on a yellow R27 if I'm honest but I'm grateful for all the comments! Budget and looks win it for me!

M88KE - just youtubed that set up and found your video!

Nice :smiley:

I think I'm set on a yellow R27 if I'm honest but I'm grateful for all the comments! Budget and looks win it for me!

I'd forgotten that! It's a little quieter now but still like a bombs gone off when you hit the loud pedal!

What's all this 200 have better gear box nonsense!

It's the same box bar some slightly altered ratios on 1st 2nd 3rd......... If you're talking about revised syncros they only came about in the very last 200

Anyway,a Ly 197 is a good car, and it doesn't look like it has downs. Good luck with the search :smile:

Not sure if some R27's have the taller 6th gear also? I know this was introduced during production but not sure when. Mine doesn't.

I know the 200's have some nice upgrades, but I wouldn't trade my RB R27 for one :tomato:

Lol at all the biased 200 comments. Get whatever you want, all the "buy a 200 comments" came from 200 owners haha.

:welcome: to the club. One thing to point out though, don't buy any renaultsport and expect it's to hold it's value. None of the 'limited' editions were all that special IMO (except maybe the raider - but no way would I own that paint).

I know what I want now (and this forum has helped me seal the deal in my head too!) and you are right Robo - I'm getting what I want lol :smile:

I've owned lots of cars and my comment about holding value was a little flippant :smile:

Bought a White Leon Cupra K1 at 16k and sold it 12 months later at 12k.... I kind of meant I would hope it would lose less than that lol

I want one NOW though.

Jealous of you lot :smiley:

:welcome: to the forum.

Stick to your guns, get the R27 they seem to hold their price well.