Newbie - looking to buy

Hey all,

I'm Sarah, 29, Leicestershire.

Looking to purchase a liquid yellow R27 - I'm waiting for the right one though!

My history in cars is pretty varied, I've owned a lot, but I miss the thrill of a hot hatch so looking to get that back.

Hoping to find out all I need to know on here, and maybe even find THE car too :smile:

Welcome to the forum Sarah, you won't go far wrong with a Liquid Yellow R27 try and get one with climate a xenon's and check for service history.

Welcome to the forum. Look at the stickie in this section for a free buyers guide

Welcome to the forum Sarah

Where in Leicester you from?

I know of where there maybe a liquid yellow clio 200 for sale

Enjoy the forum

A

Ashton - I'm on the Leicestershire / Warwikshire border, a little village out near Market Bosworth.

I don't mind travelling for the right car though!

Ahh I know mkt bosworth. I used to like in Kibworth. Have friends and family in the Langtons too

Drop me a pm and Il dig the details out for you

A

So apart from the gearbox why?

I prefer the look of the R27 and obviously comes standard with recaros and brembos.

Surely a limited edition would hold value more than a standard 200 aswell?

Maybe I'm wrong or just having a blonde moment but would be interesting to see why the 200 is a better bet than the F1.

Anybody got any links to threads which say why?

In basic terms, the 200 has a claimed 3bhp more, a slightly better gearbox and a couple of other small tweaks. It was mainly a facelift or so I'm led to believe.

I have an R27 and love it and have kept all the original parts to return it to standard to try and hold it's value.

As has been said, needs to be a very high spec one to hold value a little more though