Newb with a F1 R27 (+ a couple of VW's)

Hi All,

Just thought I'd sign up here in case I need any info in the future, I'm a die hard VW fan, and work for one of the UK's largest VW Parts suppliers, however, nothing in the VW range flicked my switches, so me and the wife decided upon a 197, only had it a few days, and love it to bits already, I've vowed to keep it standard as it's our daily, hopefully that'll continue to be the case!

Anyway, I'll get the VW's out the way first...

The wife's Mk2 Project, 2.0 8v, Recaro's, Porsche D90 wheels, G60 brakes, Audi handles, loads of smoothing, fully polybushed, eibach ARB's, Weitec Suspension, Cam'd, chipped, 4 branched and dyno'd at 150bhp:

n533445525_5010279_5960.jpg

And my Mk1 project, 2.0 16v, 48mm ITB's, 4 branch, KMS ECU, S3 injectors, 285mm discs, fully polished 8x15" BBS RS's, Audi TT Leather Recaros, KW Coilovers, fully polybushed, Wiechers braces, Eibach ARB's, etc etc, should be good for 200bhp ish when finished and mapped.

DSCN4051.jpg

And now for the reason why I'm here...

clio2.jpg

no. 243/500

I've got a couple of GSXR's too, but I won't bore you with them unless you're interested?

Anyway, if you've not lost the will to live yet, my first question would be, what's the easiest way to remove the surround around the gearlever?

I've got a cheap iphone lead on the way (until/if we upgrade the H/U) but I don't fancy having my phone banging around the glove box, thanks in advance!

Wow, that's some garage you've got yourself mate. I love the old golf even if I'm not a huge VAG fan altogether.

Nice choice on the clio, if your gonna go French you've gone for the right one :wink:.

Thanks for the welcome guys :thumbup:

All looks good matey! We def wana see the GSXR's too! (well I do anyway)

Ok, well here goes...

DSCN3723.jpg

2002 GSXR1000 Reynolds Replica, 3/20, 190bhp, Ohlins suspension, Brembos, full BSB motor, Yoshi Q/R 'box, Yoshi Exhaust, etc etc

The other one is a '97 750, which is currently for sale, fairly tricked up too

Wow, that's some garage you've got yourself mate. I love the old golf even if I'm not a huge VAG fan altogether.

Nice choice on the clio, if your gonna go French you've gone for the right one :wink:.

Cheers dude, I'm very lucky in my missus is a complete petrol head too, so it's all good, had a 5GTT as my first car, so only going back to where I started :wink:

:welcome:

That mk1 is sexual!!!!!

Why thankyou, it's got a fair way to go, needs to go down a bit more, and a bit of paint, but it's getting there, build pics here if you're interested

Welcome to the site.
Used to be/still am a vw fan myself.

The gaiter surround just gently prises out.
For future. The centre console comes out by...
Remove stereo
Remove the dash strips either side by pulling.
Then remove centre console by firmly but steadily pulling from the top as it's hooked behind at the bottom.

Welcome to the site and nice motors.

Cheers Fella

Welcome to the site.
Used to be/still am a vw fan myself.

The gaiter surround just gently prises out.
For future. The centre console comes out by...
Remove stereo
Remove the dash strips either side by pulling.
Then remove centre console by firmly but steadily pulling from the top as it's hooked behind at the bottom.

Had a play tonight and got the lead installed, just ran it down behind the centre console and had it come out the bottom of the trim round the tunnel, sounds worse than it looks, but sounds ok for now!

Had a play tonight and got the lead installed, just ran it down behind the centre console and had it come out the bottom of the trim round the tunnel, sounds worse than it looks, but sounds ok for now!

Is that an iPod lead from the Standard stereo? cos i have one in my glove box, but it dont work :/

yep, just a lead from ebay that plugs into the std. "update list" stereo, presume you've got the "AUX" option set up?

Great collection of cars there mate. Loving the mk2 i have always had a soft spot for them. Cousin had 1 which had s3 conversion. Very fast and you get the retro looks to. Clio is very sweet too a special daily that haha :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions