Newbie 197 R27 Nimbus

Hi all,

According to the register I have picked up dave_r27's old Clio.

In a bid to not loose a performance car in my life and save some dosh I have "down graded" from a gt spec '07 MY 350z to the Clio. I love Renault sports having previously run a clo v6 in the past (v6 6exy reg no lol!)

I have been unable to drive the car yet, misses had to do that part due to a recent broken ankle.

2 little problems noticed, car is in fantastic condition however there is a rattle/buzz from the exhaust (middle of car) and I think we have a sticky (open) stat as a 230 mile drive home didn't get the gauge to half way.

Any advice on those would be great. Evans halshaw gave us a 3 month warranty but handy with spammers myself if is an adjustment of a £15 stat swap.

For those interested I live in surbiton near Kingston upon Thames and work for glass's guide if I can help with car values etc give me a pm.

Welcome to th forum.

Thermostat will need replacing. Easy and cheap tho. The rattle could be the boot catch? Quite a common rattle.

930 just seen you project. Amazing undertaking!!!

Rattle is deffo under the car either mid section or a heat shield. I saw Dave 27 posted a similar issue late last year. Not that I'm stalking him lol.

If it's the centre silencer then it's the perfect opportunity to chop it out!

If you decice to get a new one I'll let you have mine for the cost of the postage :smile:

If it's the centre silencer then it's the perfect opportunity to chop it out!

If you decice to get a new one I'll let you have mine for the cost of the postage :smile:

Is there a documented thread covering this issue? What do ou have available chap and it my issue a likely common problem on these?

I'd check the boot catch (these are adjustable to force the boot to close tighter) or the rear seats catch (where the lock in place) can also rattle - I fixed this with some insulating tape wrapped tightly around the catch. Or it could be an exhaust issue, one or two have had issues with the baffles in the exhaust.

Stats are becoming more common faults, but a £6 fix, there's a guide kicking around on here written by Rogue-197.

:welcome:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Clio chris 197 Clio 197 Area 8
A New Members 3
wrx-sti New Members 5
J New Members 4