New F1 Owner

Hi,

Picked up my F1 last weekend after viewing and test driving a number.

Eventually settled with this low miler, unmodified example. No. 114/500

My car history has consisted of a S1 106 Rallye 16v, Integra UKDM DC2 Type R, Corrado G60 and now the clio.

Don't plan on doing much her for now, apart from having the cambelt done with BTM Performance next week.

Here's a few pictures when i got her.

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

Luke.

Welcome to the club pal. Looking very nice, if I do say so myself. Another addition to the R27 club :smile:

:welcome: to the site, nice looking car.

Are you here to 'soak up' some information?

:eek:

:welcome: to the site, nice looking car.

Are you here to 'soak up' some information?

:eek:

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Yes I will be soaking up as much information as possible, seems to be a good amount, in particular the 'How to' section which i've found very useful.

:welcome:mate.Nice little stunner you got there,hope you enjoy it:thumbsup:

Congratulations.

I would be interested in how you think it compares to the DC2. I bought an F1, but only kept hold of it for about 6 weeks in favour of the DC2, which I think is the best fwd car I have driven.

Congratulations.

I would be interested in how you think it compares to the DC2. I bought an F1, but only kept hold of it for about 6 weeks in favour of the DC2, which I think is the best fwd car I have driven.

The DC2 was a great car but it wasn't any faster than a lightly modded 16v 106 Rallye (around a track, although i'm no stig). I'm convinced the suspension geometry was not right with mine as the previous owner had lowered it and it never felt great going around high speed corners. I also had a brown trouser moment at Mallory Park losing the back end and spinning it at about 90mph and since that I lost all confidence in it. In the end I sold up as the parts were very expensive and the dreaded rust started to affect the arches (common on these).

I've done little driving yet in the Clio but it does remind me of the rallye in the way it handles, and the kick the Renault engine gives you at 5k reminds me of the vtec, so a mix of the two I like to think.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Clio 200 Area 2
S New Members 6
A New Members 5
L New Members 4
L Clio 197 Area 8