New Clio 197 Owner - Engine Behaviour Question

I bet...!

Need to get more hands on with the car really, just finding time and knowledge.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
As said use site sponsors RPD for parts, being a member you get free P&P. Renault dealers around Gasgow haven't got a clue, typical Arnold Clark.

Reactions: Tony T
As said use site sponsors RPD for parts, being a member you get free P&P. Renault dealers around Gasgow haven't got a clue, typical Arnold Clark.
Are you better phoning RPD, they're catalogue doesn't seem that big for the Clio, unless I'm missing something?

They advertise the main service parts and most of the common parts that fail. If I'm looking for something in particular I message Paul @renaultpartsdirect through the forum. He is very helpful.
Cheers! I'll do that if I need to order anything anytime soon.

Do you or others know much about the squeaky/creaky clutch?

Brake fluid for the clutch or the brakes? Answer to both = not sure, but I believe it's Dot 5.1 in the actual brakes.

The clutch seems to be intermittent, squeaks/creaks occasionally, maybe more so when its wet.

Ate superblue fluid is known to cause a squeaky clutch..try replacing the fluid 1st before spending big money..

Ate superblue fluid is known to cause a squeaky clutch..try replacing the fluid 1st before spending big money..

Would this just be a clutch bleed and new fluid? How much would a garage charge for that do you think?

not sure on the price..maybe £30?yeah bleed the clutch and brakes too..i use motul 660 and never had any issues as many of us on here..

not sure on the price..maybe £30?yeah bleed the clutch and brakes too..i use motul 660 and never had any issues as many of us on here..
The brakes are running Delphi 5.1 and have HEL braided lines all round and were recently done.

I guess I could ask whoever does the map and timing belt to change the clutch fluid too ...

The brakes are running Delphi 5.1 and have HEL braided lines all round and were recently done.

I guess I could ask whoever does the map and timing belt to change the clutch fluid too ...
yeah do this first..sure it will help and if not at least you'll know that the problem is somewhere else..

Reactions: Tony T
Just reading your thread with interest, my clutch squeals, almost like a loose or worn belt. Only does it when cold and when you depress the clutch pedal. When up to temp its fine. I haven't noticed slippage though. I have assumed its my release bearing on its way out but may be wrong.

Similar Thread Suggestions