new 197 owner

hi all, i should hopefully be picking up a 197 this sunday, i used to have a 172 phase one a few years ago and loved it, two small questions are. do the recaro seats come up for sale very often and i would like to swap the wheels there are black seven spokes that came with the clio for some of the style that comes on the 225 and other 197's if anyone interested

cheers steve

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum, be sure to post some pics of the car when you get it.
Iv seen a few Recaros on here for sale but they don't hang around long.

thanks for the welcome guys, yeah i will post some pics when i get is hopefully, well i have done the usual ebay but i sure i will end up with some soon as they really make the cars.

and sort the wheels cause black on black is not my favourite...

hi guys thanks again for the welcome, well i picked it up today loved it totall different way to driving compared to old turbo diesel, went over it when i went home and came up with a list of essentials that i need to get

in no order they are
indicator bulbs silver
air con re gas
led number plate bulbs
touch up paint for wheels and brembos
door seals for rear window as split
wipers all round as perrished
main beam headlights to match the colour of i think hid's ( are hid standard on these)???
smaller rear aerial

things i want
thought i wanted recaros but the standards are much better than i thought so might save money
lowering springs maybe hr
bottom stainless grill
paint top grill black
maybe paint arch grills silver
smaller reg plates
rubber boot mat
stereo adapter
and finally an armrest does anyone else have one fitted???

also i think i would prefer silver or anthracite wheels in the renault multi spoke as black wheels on black car i not sure on yet

oh yeah finally in a few months tyres all round think brake discs and pads are fine

its going into my mechanic in the week when he back of holiday for him to give the once over too. i did notice it already has an itg filter fitted and i think from the looks of it the exhaust is standard????

cheers for looking steve

wel today i had the afternoon off work, picked the car up from the garage, where i had four new tyres, cam belt , tensioners, water pump, brakes bled, and wheels aligned

fitted stereo from old car and the snooper

28102011535.jpg

and then done these door handles as the lack of them annoyed me

28102011533.jpg

Got them now! Lol! Great work with the door handles, they really are a pain in the backside. How did you do them?

pain was to source some that would be right colour and flat to fit the part i was mounting them too, and i cut cut the hole out and then screwed them in really..

done a bit of tinkering lately,

firstly gave the brembos a freshen up

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

then got some meg 225 wheels and had them powdercoated

IMG_0359.jpg

and next onto the engine,

IMG_0358.jpg

bit currently being painted over the weekend,

done my diffuser last week and given it a week to fully harden before polishing and re fitting tomorrow if weather nice

and currently waiting for new splitter to turn up

car as it stands now...

IMG_0363.jpg

Got the rear brakes refurbed,

98aab862.jpg

20cdb917.jpg

Need to get it lowered it looks silly high here

Then i got the engine stripped down to paint various bits
940723e1.jpg

And painted inlet and breather panel red, then air box feed battery etc anthracite to mate the wheels

b9a0ca53.jpg

Does anyone know how I move this out of new owners and into projects??

I will be posting up the tyres for sale soon now the speed lines are sold, two have 6mm the other two 7mm great condition

New custom splitter

Well my splitter turned up earlier in the week but I soon reused it was a bumper off job, so fit cracking after work today off came the bumper and I trial fitted the splitter making it fit as I go and baking adjustments, I am going to plastic wełd it tomorrow then heard off see about getting it made into a carbon one

Few basic pics below but the rest of the fitting can wait till Tomo, I need a cold beer

6fbb4512.jpg

92e3796f.jpg

18ff6e5f.jpg

Splitter now fitted

Well here it is all fitted took about three hours which wasn't bad now, don't think I will paint it as wanting to get it cast in carbon....

cc550f73.jpg

eeef79fa.jpg

e2302f3f.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions