Nearly There

Just spoke to the staelers and they reckon my 200 will be with them next week, which is earlier that first thought which was first week of Feb. Had the difficult conversation around them holding it till march for the new Reg. Now waiting on what their response is. This could get interesting, we will wait and see.

I ordered mine last month for delivery in March 2011 for the new registration, the wait is painful but will be worth it.

I couldn't wait a further 6 weeks for the new reg lol

Trouble is two fold; 1) I still love my 197 so can live with the wait, 2) With the way these loose money, just thought it may fend of the great god depreciation a little longer.

Nothing wrong with waiting six weeks for the new reg, the OP isn't desperate for the car and it's a sound financial decision.

Besides, nothing like driving around March 1st with that spanking new registration plate.

i am having a hard time talking myself into waiting the whole of feb for the new reg. as you can see from my post, i know it makes sense, financially, but cycling 15 minutes to my gym in german january is beginning to get a bit tedious.... lol.

i am having a hard time talking myself into waiting the whole of feb for the new reg. as you can see from my post, i know it makes sense, financially, but cycling 15 minutes to my gym in german january is beginning to get a bit tedious.... lol.

A decision only you can make I'm afraid. However, my advice would be to cut down on the gym and wait til March. I only say this because when March comes around you'll feel as though your car just aged a year :worried:

lol i won't cut down on the gym :wink: ha ha. i will just go, and complain, every day, for the whole of feb. leaving at 20 to 6 on a morning is coooooooooooold!!

Just spoke to the staelers and they reckon my 200 will be with them next week, which is earlier that first thought which was first week of Feb. Had the difficult conversation around them holding it till march for the new Reg. Now waiting on what their response is. This could get interesting, we will wait and see.
UPDATE: Well, disgusted is not the half of it. Here's the full story; So, back in November, the wife buys a new clio and i get sucked into the new car thing. Decide to swap the 197 for a new 200. When talking to the salesman he said that as delivery would be circa 3 months, and that it would be near March, they would hold the car for me untill March for the new Reg. So being happy with the deal i accepted and waited. Two weeks ago had call from dealer to say that the car was not far away now. When i said at least it would be here in time for March, he hesitated and said he did not realise i did not want it untill then. i explained that it was he who offered to hold it for me untill then. His reply, I'll have to speak to my manager. So today he calls me back and informs me if they hold onto it till March, they want another £650 off me. This equates to £350 increase in tax and £300 less for my car. Angry does not sum up how i feel about this, especially as they had offered this service and never once said it would cost me more. In my opinion this is equates to taking monies under false pretence. Having read all the small print on the deposit document does not look like i have anywhere to go. This should not be allowed, its absoloutely disgusting and i've told him so. All i would say to people is get everything written down and signed by the person you are talking to, especially at Renault Wolverhampton. Why do the dealers go out of their way to spoil the joy of buying new cars. :poke:

thats sucks mate. :worried: how much was the deposit? I would at least try my luck and threaten to walk away from the deal (if its not a stupid amount on deposit) as iit's not what he agreed.

OR... just take it on a 60plate and boycot them for the servicing etc

I've found Renault Wolverhampton to be ok, but have never bought a car from them. I would say you can't get the loan money or something until the agreed delivery month or something and that you will source the car from a dealer that can. But Renault UK could be a good start. I made Renaut Leicester wait 5 weeks before I collected my used 197. I made it clear I couldn't have the car until then.

Latest update, having posted the issue on the RS forum, Jeremy from RUK said he'd contact the dealer. Got a call from them today and a very irate salesman still denying the initial conversation but stating that RUK would cover the cost of the vat, leaving me with the £300 on the part ex to find. I said i'd think about it. 4 Hours later they called back and said it was all sorted. All i can say is thanks to Jeremy from RUK. Still have a bitter taste in my mouth over it, why do they do this???? Can't wait till March now.

Latest update, having posted the issue on the RS forum, Jeremy from RUK said he'd contact the dealer. Got a call from them today and a very irate salesman still denying the initial conversation but stating that RUK would cover the cost of the vat, leaving me with the £300 on the part ex to find. I said i'd think about it. 4 Hours later they called back and said it was all sorted. All i can say is thanks to Jeremy from RUK. Still have a bitter taste in my mouth over it, why do they do this???? Can't wait till March now.

If you don't mind me asking, which salesman were you dealing with?