Natural replacement for 197/200?

For me, the Clio is a stop gap. My next car will be a Cayman S, it is something I have wanted for a while now and unfortunately my finances weren't quite lined up when I was changing cars. I guess it is a little different for me than a lot of the people who have replied as my Clio is a standard R27, I can only imagine how much more fun having 50% more power and a boot load of torque from a turbo conversion is.

the uprated clutch people do run in these are the r26r set up as they can take an additional 20% torque

Thinking about it, I'm not sure what clutch was fitted, I'm gonna ask SteC. Always worth upgrading the parts from the outset like changing the 225 turbo to the 250 unit.

I want to run the r26r setup too but i'm curious how much torque it'll hold.

everyone says 20% more but 20% more than what? :smiley:

I want to run the r26r setup too but i'm curious how much torque it'll hold.

everyone says 20% more but 20% more than what? :smiley:

The R26R set up is less about the mechanics and more about weight saving for me. Engine, brakes, suspension and gearbox are R26 mate. Standard clutch is fine for 300 brake and torques....

The R26R set up is less about the mechanics and more about weight saving for me. Engine, brakes, suspension and gearbox are R26 mate. Standard clutch is fine for 300 brake and torques....

im sure the standard clutch is good for 350bhp and similar torque?

Going to make my own hybrid. I'll start a thread and proper introduction soon but i'm a bit busy atm....

Going to make my own hybrid. I'll start a thread and proper introduction soon but i'm a bit busy atm....

That will be interesting to read. RST hybrid is good for 350bhp but I can't justify at present paying £1500 plus mapping for another 30bhp but no more torque.

That will be interesting to read. RST hybrid is good for 350bhp but I can't justify at present paying £1500 plus mapping for another 30bhp but no more torque.
Ste said he uses the same hybrid as RST? Or is this a larger one.