The Supernatural Thread (Ghosts n' that)

Micah

Founder of Team Clique
I've done this before many years on the Fiat Coupe forum and had some interesting responses.
This kind of stuff really interests me, and has been kickstarted by a comment my mum made to my gf on Boxing Day. They moved into a bungalow a couple of months ago and apparently there is an Anglo-Saxon burial ground just beyond the boundary of the garden. Already, my mum has seen a figure in the wider kitchen area when she's been standing at the hob, and my dad has also noticed a figure walking past the door when he's been sitting adjacent to the door in the study. I believe my parents 100%, they're not the type to lie, and my mum has had many encounters since she was a child with seeing various apparitions. My dad, pretty straight talking and matter of fact has seen the apparition of a woman at the first house I lived in, and there was always a smell of lavender when she was around.
Ok, getting serious goosebumps just typing this now!
I have seen a figure at my nan's old house when I was around 9 or 10, and everyone who lived there had seen either a figure or a man in a top hat. I used to hate going upstairs!
The year my nan died, my cousin's father in law was stripping the wallpaper to redecorate the house and he and his colleague caught an overwhelming scent of perfume in the house. It was also the day of my nan's birthday.
We also lived in a 400 year old house between 1988 and 1993 and mum would always hear the porch door latch go, as did my dad. My only recollection was 2 lights, like eyes coming level with my face when I was lying on my side in bed. It wasn't until 2010 that my brother also mentioned this to me, and happened on the stairs to his bedroom was on the third floor. I remember one night we were all watching Howard's Way in my parent's bedroom and the cat was transfixed with something on the landing, he would not respond to any of us.
Ok, seriously getting chills down my spine!
I also saw an orb in the kitchen of my parents' previous house late one night. I thought it was a car coming in to the driveway, but was in the kitchen it seemed. This house is a stone's throw from where they have just moved in to. Apparently this was the the holy ground for some Druid gathering or something.
Lastly, my mum was going to give my nan's pearls to give to my cousin who my nan helped to bring up, and she was undergoing cancer treatment. She had hung them up on the side of a mirror, but when she found them, they were arranged in a manner my nan would wear them. That actually brought a tear to our eyes when my mum told me as we were really close.
Actually, just remembered the very last thing - my grandpa died and we had a family meal at his house with my grandma. The record player stopped in the lounge - the record had finished. But then it started playing again. My uncle and dad just looked at each other and walked out to check it. That record player does not do that, and they knew someone or something had put it on again.
Seriously freaked out now, keep looking at the french doors out to the garden and feeling very uncomfortable in the black of night!

Reactions: Jimmy
We've had this in our house. It was built in 1911 so it has a bit of history with it. Originally there were 5 cottages, we own one, but they were built for house mothers, or something along those lines. We live a stone throw away from a Harry Potter looking college, it's a boarding school, not really a college.
Our house always feels homely, never has a bad atmosphere in it. We have people come round and they have mentioned it and just feel comfortable here.
Every now and again, there's a smell that appears and disappears as quickly as it comes. Its not a lingering smell. Its the same as if someone walks past you. Smells like roses or lavender, or perfume. We've just been sat there and we both notice it at the same time. We didnt have anything in the house that would smell like that. We like to think the maybe a house mother that use to live there just visits every now and again. It's calming rather than frightening.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Had a few experiences, sensations, unexplained noises, orbs but sadly no apparitions.
The worst one was on one occasion living at my mums I was lying in bed, drifting and suddenly I was pinned to the bed, unable to scream, something holding me down with the covers taut over my face and body. It lasted a couple of minutes, been told it was sleep paralysis but if that's the case, why did I immediately reach for my phone in panic to message a friend? Creeepy.
Won't bore you with the other less creepy stories.

Had a few experiences, sensations, unexplained noises, orbs but sadly no apparitions.
The worst one was on one occasion living at my mums I was lying in bed, drifting and suddenly I was pinned to the bed, unable to scream, something holding me down with the covers taut over my face and body. It lasted a couple of minutes, been told it was sleep paralysis but if that's the case, why did I immediately reach for my phone in panic to message a friend? Creeepy.

Wow Shells !!!!

I've seen nothing and heard nothing really. Other than what i've dreamed up in my own head when scared or in a situation i didn't like.

The one strange / weird / scary thing i've come across was at a house my mum owned. She was living away with her partner and i lived there for a while with my then girlfriend.

It was a mid-terrace house, pretty much in the middle of town and i'm remembering it as happening in the middle of the day in summer. A bright sunny day with plenty of people 'around'.....

Was there alone one day and decided to pop into town. Was literally gone 5 minutes. Came back; opened the front door on the key and heard a weird noise. Crept through to the kitchen and on the cooker was a pan filled with water and boiling over.

I ran out the house leaving the pan on and the door open and called the Police. Back door was still locked. I was there alone and had unlocked the front on entry. Police came up with nothing. I was gobsmacked, worried and don't mind telling you scared and sh*tting my pants.

End of !

Wow Shells !!!!

I've seen nothing and heard nothing really. Other than what i've dreamed up in my own head when scared or in a situation i didn't like.

The one strange / weird / scary thing i've come across was at a house my mum owned. She was living away with her partner and i lived there for a while with my then girlfriend.

It was a mid-terrace house, pretty much in the middle of town and i'm remembering it as happening in the middle of the day in summer. A bright sunny day with plenty of people 'around'.....

Was there alone one day and decided to pop into town. Was literally gone 5 minutes. Came back; opened the front door on the key and heard a weird noise. Crept through to the kitchen and on the cooker was a pan filled with water and boiling over.

I ran out the house leaving the pan on and the door open and called the Police. Back door was still locked. I was there alone and had unlocked the front on entry. Police came up with nothing. I was gobsmacked, scared, worried and don't mind telling you scared and sh*tting my pants.

End of !
No rabbit in it?
Seriously though that's not good.

When I was little at my nans house for a night I saw a little boy sat on the end of the bed who laughed when I looked at him, I just thought it was a dream.

Anyway when I told my mum she got freaked out because my step dad at the time had seen a little boy when he was about my age who also laughed, and his room was the same room I slept in.

I don't believe in ghosts to be honest, but this story gives me goosebumps whenever I think about it.

Yeah this sounds like sleep paralysis, I've had this before many times, it's horrible.

It happens and you dream of where your sleeping, so your room etc and when you try to move you can't.

I think I read somewhere it's because when you move you get some sort of feedback, air brushing against your arm for example, but because your asleep you try to move and can't and your brain doesn't get this feedback and assumes it's not moving, giving you the feeling that your unable to move.

I hate it when it happens, whenever it does as soon as I happens I hear a high pitch buzzing noise and as soon as I open my eyes I can see human shadow figures in the corner of the bedroom.

We stayed in a really old Pub in Smarden, a village in Kent. We knew there was supposed to be a ghost of a soldier there. He'd stayed there on his way home from war a few hundred years ago & been seduced by a barmaid who got him drunk and tried to rob him. I think she killed him. My wife is very level headed & she woke in the middle of the night & saw a woman dressed in old fashioned clothes standing at the end of the bed. The woman smiled at my wife & it was such a sweet smile that my wife just smiled back and went back to sleep. The next morning we asked the girl serving breakfast what the ghost was as we'd heard about the soldier & before we said anything she told us about the soldier & said that people staying in the room we were in see a woman who smiles at them. Apparently the staff were mucking about with a Ouija board one night after closing time & glasses started flying about in the bar. A psychic came there & said there were very many evil spirits in the place.

When I grew up I went to the local village school & was friends with the headmaster's kids. I used to feel really unsettled in some rooms of the school house where they lived, feeling that I was being watched. A few years later a new headmaster was there with his family & his son woke one night with someone looking down at him from above the bed. His sister's boyfriend was sleeping on the sofa downstairs one night & saw figures bent over coming towards him across the living room floor. Their cat would often freeze & it's head would turn as if it was watching something cross the room. The cleaner had a little girl with Downs syndrome who always screamed when her mum was cleaning a certain bedroom telling her mum to get out of there. They checked in the old school logbooks that went back over 100 years & found that a previous headmaster's son had died in the house. In the end the headmaster, who was very religious, got the local vicar to exorcise the place.

We stayed in a really old Pub in Smarden, a village in Kent. We knew there was supposed to be a ghost of a soldier there. He'd stayed there on his way home from war a few hundred years ago & been seduced by a barmaid who got him drunk and tried to rob him. I think she killed him. My wife is very level headed & she woke in the middle of the night & saw a woman dressed in old fashioned clothes standing at the end of the bed. The woman smiled at my wife & it was such a sweet smile that my wife just smiled back and went back to sleep. The next morning we asked the girl serving breakfast what the ghost was as we'd heard about the soldier & before we said anything she told us about the soldier & said that people staying in the room we were in see a woman who smiles at them. Apparently the staff were mucking about with a Ouija board one night after closing time & glasses started flying about in the bar. A psychic came there & said there were very many evil spirits in the place.

When I grew up I went to the local village school & was friends with the headmaster's kids. I used to feel really unsettled in some rooms of the school house where they lived, feeling that I was being watched. A few years later a new headmaster was there with his family & his son woke one night with someone looking down at him from above the bed. His sister's boyfriend was sleeping on the sofa downstairs one night & saw figures bent over coming towards him across the living room floor. Their cat would often freeze & it's head would turn as if it was watching something cross the room. The cleaner had a little girl with Downs syndrome who always screamed when her mum was cleaning a certain bedroom telling her mum to get out of there. They checked in the old school logbooks that went back over 100 years & found that a previous headmaster's son had died in the house. In the end the headmaster, who was very religious, got the local vicar to exorcise the place.

You should try Pluckley next time. It's only down the road from Smarden, most haunted village in England. They do camp outs in the screaming woods. I'm not man enough for that!

Reactions: Johnny 99
Yeah this sounds like sleep paralysis, I've had this before many times, it's horrible.

It happens and you dream of where your sleeping, so your room etc and when you try to move you can't.

I think I read somewhere it's because when you move you get some sort of feedback, air brushing against your arm for example, but because your asleep you try to move and can't and your brain doesn't get this feedback and assumes it's not moving, giving you the feeling that your unable to move.

I hate it when it happens, whenever it does as soon as I happens I hear a high pitch buzzing noise and as soon as I open my eyes I can see human shadow figures in the corner of the bedroom.
It was terrifying at the time. Long time ago though now.

I've definitely seen/witnessed a ghost. 100% certain. In a house I rented a few years ago. I won't write a long story I'll just list the things I saw.

Leave a room for a minute, less than a minute, go back in and the contents of the cupboards all out on the floor.

Kitchen chairs stacked up like a scene from the Poltergeist. I swear, nobody believes me.

Close front door, go back and front door open, lock front door, take key out and place on side, go back and key back in door and door open, this would happen every day, at least once.

Loud crashes on the other side of closed doors, so loud you wouldn't imagine it, open door like split seconds after noise, nothing there.

I left after three nights in the middle of the night, I ran out that house like I was being chased by an axe murderer, I didn't even close the door behind me. Seriously, this is all true.

Reactions: Jimmy
Some interesting stories here for sure. @KYFO.CO.UK my gf's ex had the same kind of thing with his parent's house - furniture would be upturned in the lounge sometimes. It's the poltergeist stuff that really freaks me out.
@r&skxa All of my accounts are based in Sandwich and Eastry, so I'm sure you know how old these places are, especially by the river in Sandwich, some REALLY haunted houses along the Quay.

When I was about 15 was driving down to south of France for a holiday with family - some way down in France we stopped in a hotel to get some shut eye. We were having a meal and me and my cousin needed to pop back to the room for something or other, as we approached the hotel door there was a figure stood in the door, sort of made of light, was very frightening/creepy and we both legged it back to the resteraunt!

More recently where I'm working now - was doing overtime until midnight so my shift had gone home at 10 - there was only one other guy in the building, was working away and noticed someone walk past me on my left, I turned round surprised to see someone there at that time and there was nobody there. Was seriously creeped out by this and have spoke to other guys who have had similar experiences here with similar scenarios...

Reactions: Johnny 99
Had a few odd experiences I really would like to see something, but never really have

About 10 years ago had a friend who was really interested in this stuff so several times we would ghost hunt - first place we did was the Ram Inn (now quite a famous place) we saw/heard and captured on film/camera some odd sights he had a night vision video camera which showed some very odd things. While there my wife who has no real interest in it saw a woman in the loft in a long dress at the inn which we never saw, it really did freak her out - next day we found out she has been seen before apparently she was inn keepers daughter and she was killed many years ago after falling pregnant...yikes.

We went to Edinburgh for a few days did the ghost tours and wound up in a cemetery that is now locked, the tour had a key and we were taken into one of the crypts which as a group round 10 of us had to stand in and we were warned that people had been hurt in there ie scratched, just felt sick etc. The guides were outside in full view within minutes I could feel someone stood behind me very very close and a faint whispering...my wife then freaked out, crying and the guide had to take her out she could not really describe what happened just a massively over whelming feeling took about 20 minutes to calm her down!.

Another odd one my wifes nan died years ago while we both lived at home with parents, she would tell me she saw her nan in her bedroom, I dismissed it that she wanted to see her nan etc... Then one night I slept in her room alone, middle of the night I was woken by what I describe as being 'tucked' in I felt someone sit on the bed and tucking me in, it woke me, I was 100% awake it went on for about 30 seconds...scared the life out of me and I never slept in her house again!!!!!.

Another odd one relating to her nan was my wife visited a psychic, she told my wife a few odd things about her nan she never knew and she also knew exactly how much money she had left my wife and said 'her nan liked the ring my wife bought with the money'...which was creepy because that's what she did with the money!.

Also her she said her nan said to say thank for putting her glasses in her pocked after she died...yeh no one knew about that either...creepy.

When she talked to her mum about it (her mum was really angry she wasted her money seeing this woman!) when they were talking about it her mum went 'white' and stopped talking (very rare!)...my wife knew several things that her mum had never told her....needless to say her mum quickly shut up complaining and was never talked about again.

Reactions: Micah and Jimmy
I've only had one slightly abnormal experience and this was at my ex girlfriends house! was in bed in a dazed falling asleep slowly and suddenly there was a great flash of light! It was almost as if a speed camera had gone off at the end of the bed! Now she lives in the middle of the countryside so I'm certain it was nothing from outside! I instantly thought it must have been my vision but when she started asking me "what the f*** was that!" and freaking out, I literally had no explanation!

My current flat mate who I've known for years, his house is listed in a book "Spalding's Most Haunted Places" and some of the stories he's told me shook me up! I've been there and its creepy as! The worst thing was his step mother went to bed with her phone by her bedside, and in the morning woke up to find it in the kitchen, with a tonne of photo's in the hallway mirror with the flash on, of which I have seen! Officially hate going round there now, and god forbid my housemate drags this spiritual activity to my place! Other experiences he's mentioned are keys flying out of their hands, and mops brushing the floors you name it!

I still seek to remain a sceptic, but some things just can't be explained!

Reactions: kevlar and Micah
Some really good accounts on here, thanks @kevlar and @RossWoods93 for your contributions!
I spoke with my mum the other weekend and asked her about what's happening there. She said she wasn't feeling great one night so went to bed early and could hear a woman whispering in the bedroom. She's so used to strange things happening she won't even bother to get up and look.
Since my maternal nan died, my mum has often felt like someone sits down at the end of the bed, and also feels a hand on her back if she's wandering around at home. It really comforts her as it has followed her to this house from the previous, she knows it's her mum.