Nankang NS-2R Review

I've got nankangs on atm, good when dry but in my experience it all goes downhill as soon as the road surface starts getting greasy, very unstable. I was turning off a roundabout onto a dual carriageway and decided to put a little bit of power on, the car squirmed and I almost lost it and nearly ended up spinning out.

Hoping to replace them with tr1's soon

Never really understood why people put their foot down in the wet IMO. This is not a pop at you at all mate but when I'm driving in the wet I do drive at a reduced speed and that doesn't have any effect on handling.

Do you mean T1R's? Again in my opinion they aren't any better in the wet or dry for that matter.

judging by having nankangs and replacing them with t1r's is sounds like your buying the mid range/budget tyres. this thread is about the semi slicks.

Never really understood why people put their foot down in the wet IMO. This is not a pop at you at all mate but when I'm driving in the wet I do drive at a reduced speed and that doesn't have any effect on handling.

Do you mean T1R's? Again in my opinion they aren't any better in the wet or dry for that matter.

I was pretty straight when I put the power on so didn't expect it to start trying to go sideways. Either way it didn't fill me with much confidence. Yeah t1r's

are maxxis ma-z1 any good?

Obviously looking for for a decent set but don't want to be paying stupid amounts

I was pretty straight when I put the power on so didn't expect it to start trying to go sideways. Either way it didn't fill me with much confidence. Yeah t1r's

Obviously looking for for a decent set but don't want to be paying stupid amounts

Best way to go about it mate is whats your budget?

Which Nankang's do you have Chris?

Up to about £400

pretty sure they're ns-2 but I'll check in morning

the NS-2 is a budget tyre, but they also do the NS-2R.

The NS-2R look like this...

nankang-ns-2r-93435-p[ekm]285x300[ekm].jpg

you would be very impressed with them and you'd get change out of £400 for a set of 4 :smile:

@_Chris.T_

As Mr F has said you would get change out of him if you ordered a set of these.

Another option for another £50 are Yoko AD08's which a lot of people use and are highly recommendable.

Or if you don't want the semi-slick option you can go with Conti 5's/Potenza re050a's/Eagle F1's with your budget.

Strange, they are only missing the "R" off the end.......

Simon I can't recommend these enough. I was hesitant at first due to the name but I really can't find fault with these and for cheaper than some of the big name brands they are worth every penny.

Need to wait til payday but can't wait to try these on track, hopefully keep me on the Tarmac :tongueout: if Fernandez' car can handle these tyres I'm sure a standard clio will have no problem :smile: be on the look out for an order [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] :smiley:

someone should buy my Syron Semi slicks off me and see how much great value they are. ive stopped being a brand snob since tyring a tyre i havent heard of

I BADLY need new fronts lol, but im rather skint at the moment. Im set on these tho, as im very hard on tyres....im lucky to get 5k out of a set.

[MENTION=3275]SprayShack[/MENTION]. What size are you after?

I have 225/45-17 semi slicks for sale. 2 brand new in wrapping