Myy LY 197 :)! ...(replica)

I'm not so sure, insurance companies will always try and get out of paying in the event of a claim.

If you told them you had your 1.2 nicked and they found out it looked like this. There is no way on earth they would pay out.

ive seen a few now, a heavily modded VTS which didnt even have an interior in was wrote off and fully paid out. it was insured as standard. i dont know how but he still got paid out.

happens all the time, as long as its still that standard engine and they are subtle mods they always pay out. i have never had a crash though mind so i personally wouldnt know

So would he by the sound of it. But like he says 197's are a tad higher to insure than a 1.2 :wink:[/QUOTE]

ha ha yes i read that bit. just in the middle of doing a quote for myself on a 1.2 tce. checking the difference.

So would he by the sound of it. But like he says 197's are a tad higher to insure than a 1.2 :wink:

ha ha yes i read that bit. just in the middle of doing a quote for myself on a 1.2 tce. checking the difference.[/QUOTE]

That's going to be interesting! I wonder what the difference actually is! My insurance has come through for renewal this month, shockingly high, hasn't really come down after another claim free year.

Is that a 197 bodyshell or has the rear quater panels been replaced aswell?
im only asking because the filler cap on a standred clio is square and the 197
one is round .maybe you should check it out a bit more.

WOW many questions at once lmao..

1. JASE
i payed £7000 for it mate, was a blag trying to persuade my mum to pay that much for a first car haha. btw whats the name of the blue of yours?? im inlove with that colour!! ermm duno tbh, maybe until my birthday in april.. or i might keep it until summer.. fancy something less bright next though lol. cant think what to get next? lol.
oh and its got the seats, and the little steering wheel cover :wink: haha. i want the different centre console, with the little dial.. bt there still both that graphite colour lol. oh and the plastic strip across the front of the dash has been sprayed LY aswell which just looks awsome!

2.GROMB200
why whats up with powerflow? i know a girl who has a REAL 197 lol.. and her has a cat back powerflow on it, sounds mint tbf :smile:.. milteks are expensive thoughh :/.. and im only paying £300 for a cat back fitted as i know the owner of a garage. which is a good price isnt it? never got any other quotes to compare... lol.

3.Woody
Like jase said, if i could afford to have the 2.0.. i would. i just fell inlove with this car when it come out, knew i could never get insured so i didnt even try.. then looked on ebay and this was on there.. 1.2 turbo.. so its fun for a first car having a little turbo to play with. AND i can get insured on it.. best of both worlds. lol
some people have asked me if its a 2.0 turbo when they hear my dumpvalve!! haha I WISH!! lmao well mynes just over 4000 a year as second driver! i have 3 points only. piss take :/ ... places like direct line wont insure me till im 21 on a turbo or supercharged car!

4. Arronshuker
i couldnt tell you mate, it come like this, the arches on the rear are defo the 197 ones tho i think, theyre definatly wider lol... and... erm... they know.. its.. yellow :smile:!! haha, but thats about it. all renault parts though so i guess i could argue it, as opposed to them being aftermarket!

5. renohead
well myne has a round filler cap and the arches are definatly wider.. so im guessing they are 197 panels.

ohhh and...

jase, arranshuker, gouldy, Gromb200... thanks for the appriciation..
some people hate it because its a 'copy' or whetever.. where as i say its more of a tribute? LMFAO.

Very nice matey! I did try talking the GF into getting that very car! Thought it would look good on the driveway lol!

Enjoy it.

Cool first car.

Problem i see is..

197 hubs, brembos, wishbone, dampeners, steering rack and subframe

You have a crash and they see them massive brembos... You have a problem.

Surely having all the suspension off a 197 is just the same as having a 197 engine in there?

Just go carefull fella, not sure if they could crush the car and take your licence away for that?

y was my comment removed as i said its his car so i doesnt matter what others think ....i that so bad that it needs to be removed lol

ps i love it

I don't know why people are negative about it.
It's not trying to be a 197. It's just a 1.2 that looks 1000 times better.
Only becomes a problem when you start trying to fool people that it is a real 197. Craig is upfront and admits it's a 1.2

thanks guys im happy with it and love, oh believe me i love my car way to much to try and drive around like an idiot in it. i believe in the saying ...

'the slower you go, the more people see ur car'

which is the best way.. as it doesnt cause headaches and empty wallets when ur cars in a bush on a country road. lol.

thanks for the loveee people! very appriciated!