Myy LY 197 :)! ...(replica)

im glad i have got that car, nice one mike :smiley:.
ive got a bukled wheel on the back from when i hit the curb, you can feel it vibrating like through the car.. what should i do? get the same F1 wheel again, or the 200 5 spokes, or the megane 225 F1 18'' wheel..??

tbh i fancy the 18's cuz i think they suit the arches more, and im not botherd about weather it will slightly effect the handling, as the cars more for show.. than go lol. dont know thoughh???

I love it mate!! Im thinking of doing the same!! I joined the forum for inspiration and this thread has definately done that!! My hat is off to you sir!! Well played!!!

More pics pleeaassee :smile:

i have really warmed to the standard 200 wheels, but i have specced 'raider' wheels as an option on my new one (which i am picking up this time next week!!!! :smile: :smile: ) i can see me regretting it :worried: lol.

could have fooled me mate, the exterior looks exactly like a 197, i would have never guessed that it was anything but

Car looks brilliant mate! I remember seeing it up for sale!

I don't see all the hate. Its just like people over on CS making the mk2's into Reps.. They are just making a good looking car look much better.

Well done.

Cars looking good mate never mind what other people say as long as you like it.your the one driving it n a think its nice and its a well done job

Welcome and WOW! looks the nuts!

but cant help thinking how much you have pumped into it =0
ouch
but *thumbs up* for effort!

opinions please....

cars spray job has the odd **** spot.. could do with a couple of panels being resprayed.. but im a sucker for the gorgeousss blue clios come in, same as Foleys? not the cup blue!

orr do i just keep it LY ?

and.. calipers.. spray them LY or just leave them classic brembo red? hmmm...

Only thing i would paint in black are the bolts on the top rear wing (spoiler), I did it on my so it does not stick to eyes :smile:

That is one hell of a replica, if i saw that out i would totally think it was a 197, and i'm a total nerd for spotting cars, lol.
On one hand i think, excellent, looks awesome mate well done.
But...my other thought is that all the money that's been spent on it could have been saved until the insurance was tolerable and then buy a 197 or 200. But that's just me.
How old are you anyway?
Overall though, car looks great mate, well done :thumbup:

Just clocked this thread, iv'e seen this clio a fair few times knockin about think the lad goes my college n tbf it looks the dogs bollox, love the clio 197 n 200, you cant tell a difference between his replica or the real thing, tbh i thought it was a real one until someone told me it was only a 1.2 turbo :smiley: lol good job mate! that LY is a rare colour aswell dont see many of em about in that only ever seen another 200 cup in it....

Last edited:
Good work and nice car I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. You can tell alot of effort has gone into it.

197 Rep

Alright man!
i was looking for a 197 replica as i really want a 197 but cant afford insurance. was wondering if yours was for sale or anything

good work on making it look like a 197 mate hats off to u. only thing i will say is though surely the money u have spent making it look like a 197 IE recaros and brembos and stuff like that could u not have used that money to get insured on a 197. Dont take that as a dig at all mate cause its not just saying u could have maybe used the cash