My Ultra Red 197

Car is driving lovely again now after an alignment. There is not much else going on at the moment as me and the Mrs got the keys to our new home last week, so a lot of my free time is taken up at the moment! New wheels have an eta of the end of the month so will be all quiet till they arrive probably, happy motoring people :tongueclosed:

Had the car on a Hunter system a few weeks back and properly aligned, handling lovely again now.
Also received a email informing me there had been a delay in manufacturing for my wheels, and the expected date is now the end of April. Fingers crossed they turn up then. To ease the pain of the delay I’ve ordered a Ktec induction kit :thumb:

With the plan to service the car this week I thought I’d give the throttle body a clean after seeing a useful how to guide on here.

Before
18534261-F6A1-4E49-9AC5-114A607BD4DE.jpeg77489899-B66E-4136-9A67-4852228C9BE7.jpeg

After
4A24791A-209D-42CF-9B3B-829058470974.jpegC0E81BAF-73F1-4DC3-8D94-9E3719FD4DC7.jpeg

Much better.

It does indeed! Was planning a trip to The Festival of Speed in June with my mate, but he can’t make it now so I’ve decided to use the holidays and money wisely and booked into EFI to have the car mapped. I know there are no real power gains to be had l, but I’m hoping for the car to behave better when cold and to make sure everything is behaving as it should! Obviously the car had the KTec induction kit, Gravity manifold and Scorpion resonated system fitted and had just been serviced. Is there any other mods or things people would recommend doing before I attend to get the best results possible. The car will be staying as my daily so just looking to enchance the day to day drivability rather than a flat out track build.

So over the last month or so I’ve started to notice my car kangarooing, mostly under low revs in second. The cars had a new genuine PCV valve, genuine map sensor held in place with a cnc bracket in the last few months and come backs with no fault codes when scanned. Anything else I should check before mapping?
Cheers

Someone said replacing the lambda sensor helped their kangerooing issues disappear.

Maybe worth checking your manifold to secondary cat clamp, as I have a feeling this is what’s reintroduced kangerooing on mine, as I know it’s leaking.

@DS197 il check it when I get chance! Then maybe try a new lamba sensor if there’s no improvement! No fault codes coming up when I scan it though. Cheers

The more I drive it, the more i think it feels sluggish higher up the rev range too! Having the belts done on Friday so will see if they can find anything whilst it’s there.

So on Friday I took the day off and dropped my car off at Birchdown Auto services for some routine maintenance.

1BAA4F83-3483-4842-B8F7-0802025068A0.jpeg

Whilst there they gave the car a once over and gave it a clean bill of health. Since collecting the car it idles much quieter and smoothly, and the problems I was having seem to have vanished:expressionless: apart from a little very minor kangarooing, but even that seems to have vastly improved over the 100+ miles I’ve covered today. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Reactions: Sean197
So just a few dats under four months from ordering my wheels they arrived…….and thy have sent the wrong pcd :censored: waiting to here back now first thing Monday to see how soon they can sort out the correct ones.

And on the way home I feel like the induction noise has deepend slightly, and the car seems to pop and backfire on downshifts and almost sounds like there’s a blow somewhere when passing stationary objects with the window down. No lights on the dash, or any codes when I scan with my generic OBD reader. Any one had anything similar?

After someone suggesting it sounds like the manifold, I’ve been under the car this morning! Manifold seems good, and the flexi is in good condition. No blows from the exhaust it there was a pretty rusty clamp just after the car so I replaced this with a mikalor clamp. Seemed a little sluggish when cold but once up to temperature power seemed ok. Just seems to pop and backfire a lot more than previously on down changes and over run! I’d really like to get to the bottom of it before mapping next month. Any ideas on the cause would be much appreciated :micah:

Whilst I had chance I swapped the silver interior handles for some black ones,only the silver ring on the steering wheel to sort now

4C3B5E81-C257-4CD7-A204-5378A3BBD734.jpeg

Reactions: burrellbloke
Had a little spare time this evening, after a little googling I came across this thread which seems pretty similar

And this

EA8A8B92-7890-45D3-9ED4-D0E66CA57422.png

Wondering if it’s worth trying a new camshaft sensor first?

Last edited:
After some research online I removed my sensor to get the correct part number incase I decide to order one at some point

686F24C6-57D0-4A38-9EE6-262D61756297.jpeg201A8ABA-ECD8-463D-A786-04BACC817AEC.jpeg

Looking on RPD I can’t find one with the correct number

E21E1638-A7BF-4166-8DE9-56CA9BF2DCE6.png

a quick Google comes up with some but they are listed for 1.5dci

FE65706B-DAF6-45A4-AE51-41B661A566C1.png

Last edited: