My Ultra Red 197

I'm normally not such a fan of the BeBops but they actually look great in black. I also like that you didn't go for the sideskirts. It's a nice looking combo with just the lip and the wing.

Thanks Marsh, they will be getting changed soon but will be great winters. I’ve been in two minds about the side skirts. On others I’ve seen with them fitted when you look at the car from the side profile, looks like they sit lower that the splitter, as much as I love the look I think this would drive me mad.

In other news my new MAP sensor arrived but upon opening it it looks slightly different. I did give Renault Parts Direct my registration when ordering I’d I remember correctly so they could confirm the parts I’d ordered were right for my car. Could anyone confirm if it is correct?

DC3890D8-2F32-41D8-A96C-BA1E950248EC.jpegF7433DB2-77A2-4729-8D24-6375E05D6010.jpeg843C3F90-5197-468E-8D96-9F4147A8CFCE.jpeg

Obviously I can’t check the numbers on the bottom of my original one till i get time to remove it when fitting the new one, and with the likelihood it’s going to break off when I do so I’d like to have the correct one ready to refit with it being my daily.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The part number is the same (7700101762) it's on the top of your old one under the blue paint, also it is a PBT-GF30 so it looks spot on, just design probably changed (as the one on your car is most likely original from factory) and as far as I am aware 197 and 200 ran the same MAP sensor.

Thanks for the quick reply Suj, I thought they might of updated the design to be honest, always nice to have someone confirm though, thanks again.

Reactions: suj
On others I’ve seen with them fitted when you look at the car from the side profile, looks like they sit lower that the splitter, as much as I love the look I think this would drive me mad.

I know exactly what you mean. :wink:

Thanks Marsh, they will be getting changed soon but will be great winters. I’ve been in two kinds about the side skirts. On others I’ve seen with them fitted when you look at the car from the side profile, looks like they sit lower that the splitter, as much as I love the look I think this would drive me mad.
A Jase (Clio SX) splitter would fix that, and looks just as good IMO!

The side skirt has a similar shape to the angle of the splitter at the rear quarter which brings everything in to harmony.

Thanks Marsh, they will be getting changed soon but will be great winters. I’ve been in two minds about the side skirts. On others I’ve seen with them fitted when you look at the car from the side profile, looks like they sit lower that the splitter, as much as I love the look I think this would drive me mad.

In other news my new MAP sensor arrived but upon opening it it looks slightly different. I did give Renault Parts Direct my registration when ordering I’d I remember correctly so they could confirm the parts I’d ordered were right for my car. Could anyone confirm if it is correct?

View attachment 148617View attachment 148618View attachment 148619

Obviously I can’t check the numbers on the bottom of my original one till i get time to remove it when fitting the new one, and with the likelihood it’s going to break off when I do so I’d like to have the correct one ready to refit with it being my daily.

Thanks in advance.
To make removal easier. Be sure to spray some contact cleaner down the hole to lube it up and make sure to only pull upwards in one direction and wiggle slightly. The contact cleaner dries quickly but just add more and make sure the engine is cold. I found that helps when I did mine.

Cheers for the advice @wootwoot , changed it this evening when I got home from work. Pleased to say there was no drama’s, the sensor popped straight out thankfully.

Also in other boring news, I had a locksmith round today who supplied and programmed a genuine keycard for me as I only had one.

Cheers for the advice @wootwoot , changed it this evening when I got home from work. Pleased to say there was no drama’s, the sensor popped straight out thankfully.

Also in other boring news, I had a locksmith round today who supplied and programmed a genuine keycard for me as I only had one.
What was the cost if you don’t mind sharing?

Not much has happened the last three weeks, but the Clio has covered 900 miles in that time so she was looking neglected to say the least.

3C202472-76CD-4059-8A91-872CB87F6B44.jpeg

She never missed a beat though, so I can’t complain:thumb:

Trying to be organised for once, I’ve ordered a Service kit, as it will be due in the the next month or so.

3EF8DA0E-D629-4333-A47B-1D5973DEC8A4.jpeg

Also I got some replacement weather strips on there way, as mine are knackered as per usual. Hopefully get them fitted next weekend sometime.

Got some free time to change the weather strips one evening, the old ones were in a sorry state

76281B19-9BF3-49C2-A2C4-6DFFFF274CC9.jpeg

I forgot to take an after picture, but we will know what they look like.
I’d also been neglecting my Alcantara wheel!

1887BE5C-F854-4C4E-95E7-2A3A2ABAB998.jpeg93D1E497-741D-477D-B1E1-3EF6C8483F2C.jpeg

I soon realised I’d ran out of Alcantara cleaner, so after some Googling I came across someone who had used washing powder mixed with warm water and worked it in with a microfibre. So with everything at home already I decided I had nothing to lose and these are the results.

B0DB4C0F-908D-4E90-8ECD-FD0FDB760906.jpegD83EBEA2-7808-4846-BA61-734125B97AD9.jpeg6368D164-DFE7-4517-91A2-B0717204197B.jpeg

Couldn’t be happier with the results, it’s so soft now! Will definitely be using this method in the future.

And I’ve also finally bit the bullet and ordered some new wheels! Won’t be here for a month or two, but il use that time to sort the cash flow for some tyres as I’m currently in the process of buying a new house too.

So a short while after I purchased the car the nsf bumper decided it didn’t like the wing anymore

2ED990BB-9416-4ADD-8C21-BD9FB033D198.jpeg

With a little persuasion it would pop back in, and stay like that for a few days at a time! I had some spare time this morning so I decided to finally address the problem. Once I’d removed the arch liner I found a snapped bolt behind there, after a lot of swearing, drilling and some junior hacksawing I finally got it out and replaced it with a new nut and bolt.
Much better

E896BC4E-CA2B-445E-A7BE-026D11F692F7.jpeg7490991B-15D1-4F9D-A5EF-077B7F9C780E.jpeg

Another job ticked off the list. I did however find a little bit of play when apply force on the wheel in the 3 and 9 o’clock positions. When the car was MOT’d I did get this advisory

•Nearside Front Play in steering rack inner joint

so hopefully it’s just that that has developed a little and nothing too serious. I will get it checked out and rectified this week.

It was also missing a puddle light, so I popped into the local scrappy and got one out of a megane the other day.

1D3D42D8-8352-4C2E-9607-7F091E81993A.jpeg

Reactions: Sean197