My Mazda is sick! :-( After Beacons Blast!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Me and my good pal Webby made the journey to meet folk from Wales on Saturday. We met up in Worcester, just the 2 of us after a few dropped out. It was a long but entertaining drive there! :thumbsup:

We arrived and said hi before setting off for the Brecon Beacons and I got lost 300 yards from the meet place! Webby rescued me and a guy in another Mazda (mx-5). We drove to a car park and then I went out for a quick blast. When I started the car back up after that the turbo started making a strange noise and eventually blue smoke started to appear after I broke away from the rest of the pack to make my way home. Then I had to wait for 4 hours to be towed home. Turbo failure! Great!

Car has been at Mazda Wolverhampton since it was towed there on Monday afternoon. They assessed it and after asking Mazda for approval for the repairs, it has been approved. So hopefully I will get the car back on Monday or Tuesday fully repaired and serviced.

Few pics from Saturday, but Webby has some good ones:

DSC_2972.jpg

DSC_2973.jpg

DSC_2974.jpg

DSC_2976.jpg

DSC_2977.jpg

DSC_2979.jpg

And one of the MPS on the back of a truck!

DSC_2980.jpg

Need Webby to come along now with the pics and vids!

Sad sight - that last picture. :worried: Hope all gets sorted properly and they don't do a Renault on you.

"It'll be back with you for Tuesday."

Tuesday comes - "we accidently ordered a door, instead of a Turbo, it'll be another week."

I'm Sowwi :worried:

Not your fault Craig, it's MEANT to be a Mazda Performance Series car, so should be able to take a bit of punishment on a Sunday drive! Lol!

Sad sight - that last picture. :worried: Hope all gets sorted properly and they don't do a Renault on you.

"It'll be back with you for Tuesday."

Tuesday comes - "we accidently ordered a door, instead of a Turbo, it'll be another week."

Lol! So true! They said it's most likely to be Monday afternoon, so that probably means it'll be Tuesday. But the missus can't get there to pick it up until Tuesday anyway and I won't be able to either.

Gutted. Glad they are sorting it though Arran, thing is though its ment to be the french cars that fall apart....

So before the failure how did the car measure up to the Renaultsports on the twisties?

I know, never had any kind of mechanical failure in the Clio. I thought Mazdas were supposed to better reliability!

I was impressed tbh. It felt a bit more smooth and composed, but not as alive as the Clio. The Clio felt like it was made for those type of roads, whereas the Mazda felt like it wasn't quite. It's more of a bigger A road car rather than a tight twisty B road. But it was still very good. The brakes weren't as good either, faded much more than the Brembos on the Clio.

It was better than I expected, but not didn't feel as good as the Clio.

I reckon you're just being nice lol.

I bet you're on the Mazda forums all like "THOSE ******* **** ******* CLIOS LOLLZZZZ!!!!1"

Hahaha

Na, I praise the Clio on the MPS forum. In all fairness I think the build quality in the Mazda is no better, if worse than the Clio and my Clio never broke down. I had a few issues, but nothing major and I was never towed back from anywhere in it. And my Clio Campus Sport I had before that never let me down either.

I was just joking man. :-p That's interesting to hear though.

When you getting your new 200?... :wink:

I was just joking man. :-p That's interesting to hear though.

When you getting your new 200?... :wink:

Don't put the idea in my head, I miss the 197 enough as is! Lol!

I wouldn't mind a 172 in a few years when the MPS is paid for. You can get them cheap already, so I think they'd make a good play car!

I've thought similar too man. When I feel like moving on from the 197 I am going to try my damndest to resit PXing it in.

Why a 172 and not a 182?

There's a 172 for sale on the Auto Trader 13 miles from home, silver with 73k on the clock for £1400. I say no more!

There's a 172 for sale on the Auto Trader 13 miles from home, silver with 73k on the clock for £1400. I say no more!

Do it, you know you want to, then you can join me, Willis and Stuieplk next time we're at Oulton...

Hope they get the mps sorted quickly for you mate

Nice pics..shame about the turbo going kaput!
Try the bbr uprated springs..makes a good difference according to the reviews.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dystant General Chat 21
C eBay Finds 0
iAndy Other Marques 8
J Spotted 6
rob_clio197rs Spotted 11