My LY R27 Progress Thread - YR APY

Yeh they fit the 197 perfectly, the floorplans of both the 197 and 200 are identical so there are absolutely no issues with them not fitting in any way. As far as I am aware they have only been released in yellow for the 200 and black and sliver piping (I think) from the 197.

Jase had his mats done by a custom company who offered great prices and massive variety, only problem is I cannot remember their name... If I do I will let you know though mate!

Spotted this thread, and wondered if you have a suitable name for the beast? Yappy :wink:

And I saw your comment in the first post about numerous attmpts to get rid of you.

You are on the "Cannot Ban" lost along with Liambo.

But that doesn't stop the :ban: smiley specially made for you :smile::smile::smile::smile:

I want your car too

I have noticed that the ban button appears in most of my threads but you would miss me too much if you did haha... :group:

I must say I do feel proud to have my own smilie, even if it is that! :smiley:

The way I see it - YR APY = Your Happy, I certainly feel it when Im driving :bounce:

Been a while since I have visited this thread so I thought I had better include the latest addition - anthracite diffuser...

P1020483.jpg

I used BMW Sparkling Graphite paint from Halfords. It is a really good colour match IMO, however when it is on the car it does look a bit darker, I still like it a lot though. I will let you decide. Maybe should be a shade lighter, but not bad for guesswork?

P1020508.jpg

P1020512.jpg

P1020511.jpg

As well as a few of my favourite photos over the past few months (since Oct 2010)!

POTM-Motion2.jpg

P1020249.jpg

P1020265.jpg

P10002212.jpg

P1060099.jpg

P1050927.jpg

Well the best £20 I have spent in a good while has gone on a Bluetooth OBD2 Port!

Why, I hear you ask.

Well because it is a gadget and I don't have nearly enough in my car! This feeds live engine/ecu data straight to my Android phone. Not had the opportunity to try it out in the Clio yet but just done a quick test in the 500 and it is really effective! The display is really accurate with almost no lag at all - that was on a 0.5sec refresh rate but it can be speeded up to 0.1 seconds so it should be super smooth.

There were only a couple of the functions that the 500 didn't support: Throttle position being one.

It did support:

Speed
Horizontal and Vertical G's
Intake temp
Coolant temp
Engine Load
Boost pressure
Instant and Avg fuel consumption
Fuel remaining
And more....

This is the app for it - http://torque-bhp.com/

I have only downloaded the free version for the moment, however I will be getting the full version once I get it in the Clio and see what that supports. The full version also calculates BHP and torque, as well as 0-60, 1/4 and 1/2 mile times.

I doubt that I am the first one to have this in their Clio, but I just wanted to share how cool it is and if you love gadgets like me, I think this rules! :thumbup:

I will get some pics up on Weds and maybe even a vid if I can work something out...

I have a similar interface for my Garmin nav, not sure of how useful the info is, but I like it! If only there was some way to get oil temp & pressure.

I thought these had an oil temp / pressure sensor, just not supported by the standard OBD2 protocols, unless RS Monitor equipped 200's have more sensors?

I thought these had an oil temp / pressure sensor, just not supported by the standard OBD2 protocols, unless RS Monitor equipped 200's have more sensors?

as far as i know they just have the level sensor and the usual low pressure sensor for the oil light (basically on or off)

will have a look when i drop the oil next time

:drool: Awesome car mate! Love the Liquid Yellow! :wink: How hard was it to carbon wrap the seats? I was thinking of having this done with mine! Looks amazing! And I love the yellow pipes, are they covers or replacements?

Hey Nick, the recaros were pretty easy to do, well a lot easier than I thought they would be. Let me know if you do plan on doing it, I can get 5% off at the company I used when I bought my vinyl.

The yellow pipes are just covers, cheap ones at that, I have been meaning to buy some silicone covers instead as I think it will look much better.