My LY R27 Progress Thread - YR APY

Paul

Platinum Member
I had been thinking about getting a project thread set up for a while now and since there is a new section especially for them I thought it would be rude not to join in and share a few more details of my car and ideas! :w00t:

Im not going to be doing masses of modification to it (he says, fateful last words lol) partly because Im a student and my funds wont quite match my ambition, but also because I really like the car as it came!

I had always loved the R27 in Liquid Yellow ever since it was first released. The car I came to own was in at the Car People, someone had bought it 2 months earlier and the fuel consumption was too much for him, so it was traded against an Astra Diseasel :'( My best friends GF works in the sales team and said that it was coming in if I fancied taking a ride in it, which I jumped at! I didn't plan on getting a car, I didn't really have a need for one, but I went down anyway 'just to have a look,' 30mins later I had paid a deposit and was picking it up on the 16th Jan 2009! :001_wub:

I just had to tell my parents lol! :001_unsure:

Anyways lets get down to the pictures;

After my test drive -

DSC00050.jpg

The day I picked her up -

media3.jpg

After that it pretty much went quiet as I said I wouldn't do anything to it for a year I would just enjoy it as much as possible! I had a couple of close calls with black ice on the way home from work shortly after buying it which scared the hell out of me! I had a great summer with people staring at it and I knew I had made the right choice!

I signed up on here in August last year and haven't left! Despite numerous attempts hey Mike :-p

Im a bit of a cleaning whore and love the looking like it just came out of the factory!

P10207752.jpg

P1020779.jpg

My first POTM entry, plus a little bit of PS :wink:

ScarboroughPiccycopy.jpg

Some other of my favourite pictures of the motor!

NovemberPOTM.jpg

P10208792.jpg

P1020876.jpg

P10302482copy.jpg

P10301362.jpg

P10300962.jpg

One of the gorgeous girlfriend

P1030793.jpg

And of course last months POTM winner

MarchPOTM.jpg

One day I went a bit mad with the carbon vinyl...

P1030478.jpg

P1030495.jpg

P1030490.jpg

And Rocky sent me a build number decal, which also got the CF treatment -

P1030483.jpg

Got some new mats last week for the summer -

P1030843.jpg

And today I have got an ITG air filter -

P1030847.jpg

I have been itching to get some other little bits just to round off the car, but I think it is going to keep coming in pieces here and there just so I can keep interested!

Will keep you all updated on the next steps as and when they materialise!

Thanks for looking and feel free to give me some feedback!

For the next steps Im thinking of getting it lowered either by H&R springs, or KW V1's and fitting 16mm spacers just to fill the arches a little better. From what I have heard from those who have them fitted the H&R are pretty decent and Im not sure how often I would be using the adjust-ability of the V1/V3's its a stepping stone to see if I like the lower & harder ride! We do have a lot of pothole and speed humps around here so.... :001_rolleyes:

Next up Im thinking of some grooved discs as they look the nuts I really cant decide on a design though!

Would also love a carbon fibre bonnet and then get it painted up as below but I honestly think that will be the last thing to get done due to cost of buying it and then getting it sprayed properly!

CarbonFibrebonnet.jpg

Anyone think of anything else I could be doing! Bearing in mind Im not made of money lol! :-p

that is amazing!! kinda want ly now :worried:

get a milltek or somthing?

and remap

id also consider black wheels as i dont think iv seen an ly with black wheels yet? maybe just get a spare set and spray them?

wana see this in person you going national on sunday?

what you studying?

great right up to start with Paul,

i still think that carbon bonnet looks the nuts with the L/Y stripe going over it.

some cracking pics as well mate.

great story, cant wait to keep up with the updates!! i like the bonnet and love the wrapped recaro's im tempted to do the same with mine as the backs are scuffed with people getting in and out all the time

First of all, thanks guys! I do properly enjoy owning it and although its had some problems along the way it still puts a smile on my face!

that is amazing!! kinda want ly now :worried:

get a milltek or somthing?

and remap

id also consider black wheels as i dont think iv seen an ly with black wheels yet? maybe just get a spare set and spray them?

wana see this in person you going national on sunday?

what you studying?

Yeah Im down at the national on Sunday, Iv finally had the time off confirmed!

Im not too sure I need a Miltek after the new ITG filter I have put on today - it has completely transformed the sound of the car! I would def recommend one to anyone who doesn't have one already!

I have considered black Ultras but I think the anthracite goes well with the side decals. I had thought of getting a second diffuser to spray in anthracite to finish it all off but I cant find one ATM!

Im doing a degree in Business and Management, finish in 3 weeks though and I cant wait to get a job which pays a decent wage lol!

great right up to start with Paul,

i still think that carbon bonnet looks the nuts with the L/Y stripe going over it.

some cracking pics as well mate.

Thanks mate yeah the CF bonnet has been at the back of my mind for a while, ever since I did that PS actually :smiley: We will have to see what the next bonus brings lol!

great story, cant wait to keep up with the updates!! i like the bonnet and love the wrapped recaro's im tempted to do the same with mine as the backs are scuffed with people getting in and out all the time

Yeah that is the exact same reason I did mine TBH I should have done the edges too just below the airbags as that is where I have a lot of scuffs, but hey lessons learnt lol! Only cost me £60-70 and had stuff left over for the seat base and interior strips and console too! :thumbup:

In all honesty I have forgotten about this thread so I have a fair bit of housekeeping to do. A few little updates have happened over the past couple of months so I need to get back up to date with it all.

First up is my ebay bargain. Colour coded the majority of the engine bay pipework which makes it look a lot better IMO. I have been waiting until afer warranty is up and then I will be getting the induction hoses sorted aswel.

P1040630.jpg

P1040632.jpg

P1040629.jpg

Next up I decided to get replacement discs after seeing a gorgeous Nissan GTR with this style of disc in the city. They are a little bit different to what most people usually go for and I am more than happy with that lol!

P1040609.jpg

P1040628.jpg

P1040636.jpg

P1040639.jpg

I need to get some more photos now that they are bedded in and the paint is no longer on the surface of the discs. Makes it stand out a little more too!

Love the car; need to change those headlights though! Sorry!

Thinking of doing something to my dash as it has marks all over it. Your pics make me want to do it more now!

love this car! the engine dressing and the carbon fiber look recaros are brilliant little touches!
you considered getting projector lights for it? think it would really improve the look of the car. i'm not a fan of the the standard lights.

love it m8 1 day i hope to get mine looking as good. also u know any members with h&r's on ly?

Yeah H&R's are something I have also been looking at but never done it because of the warranty issues it may cause. That is up in the next month or so, so I may do the same thing myself! I know there is a member on here with a LY 200 who is on H&R springs and it looks absolutely immense - it is what started me thinking about it in all honesty!

Carbon fibre seats are so sick!!! did u do it yourself??

Yeah I did them myself - quite proud with how they came out. Was initially to stop people scratching the backs when getting in and out but I though carbon would look the nuts too. Streamline are doing some real backs and are due to be released before long so they will probably get replaced (as long as price isn't astronomical!)

The odd thing with those disks is they looked even better in the flesh. Coming along nicely mate :smile:

Yeah I am finding it impossible to get a decent pic of them! Cannot understand why though! I will be trying again at the weekend so hopefully will be better then!

love this car! the engine dressing and the carbon fiber look recaros are brilliant little touches!
you considered getting projector lights for it? think it would really improve the look of the car. i'm not a fan of the the standard lights.

Thanks mate - it is the little things that make it individual lol! I have considered projectors and would do it for the right price, however I must admit it has never been a major issue for me, personally I don't mind the silver ones but I have to admit the black ones are better! I have been keeping an eye out for some but they would have to be genuine Renault... Let me know if you stumble upon some lol!

great looking car mate , where did you get the sport mats from reno ?? you got the part number ??

Yeah they are the new style ones for the 200 as soon as I got them I put the part number into the 'Useful Part Numbers' section under the 197 General Chat heading. Here is the link... http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=661&page=2 post #18 :wink:

Last edited: