My Clio 197 with K&N 57i induction kit (movies)

How does the car perform with induction kit on mate?

Bought one a while back but due to horror stories on here returned it...

I have been to K&N test center for installation, they put the car on the dyno before and after and I have a slight improving on the power and torque.

Can't say I really feel an improvement though.. (obviously you'd start thinking with the sound so it's hard to stay objective here..) as long as it doesn't lose performance it's more than worth it! The sound is just addicting :smile:

I have been to K&N test center for installation, they put the car on the dyno before and after and I have a slight improving on the power and torque.

Can't say I really feel an improvement though.. (obviously you'd start thinking with the sound so it's hard to stay objective here..) as long as it doesn't lose performance it's more than worth it! The sound is just addicting :smile:

Do you have dyno charts to show improvements or any figures?

Do you have dyno charts to show improvements or any figures?

Yes, but I can't show them the guy from K&N centre said (I was the first Clio 197 LHD to have the K&N 57i fitted 'n tested, for free even..) as he wants to avoid discussion afterwards (because every car is differen't 'n might have a different outcome of values).

What I can say is that over the whole line torque and horsepower has increased by a little bit (say 3 to 5%) if I've to believe the dyno sheet (I wasn't allowed seeing the installation and dyno runs either lol..)

The power was measured @ the wheels (so without the loss added) before and after to have a perfect image of how much the filter actually added in performance.

I stay pretty sceptical about it myself, especially as I wasn't with the dyno runs myself.. so I don't dare to draw any conclusions. Might go to the same dyno where I have been to a few weeks ago ('n had 191,5HP) 'n see if it did any change..

Well coincidentally the make of the dyno (Dyno dynamics) was the same but the scales are totally different so :blink:

I'll have it a go again on the same dyno like last time to see.. in fact this time I am thinking pretty alike Der Abt, I'm totally sceptical about it 'n can't believe I would have gained HP, on the contrary, sometimes I'm even already starting to think when full throttle accelerating I lost some power..

We will see very soon.

How I did it:

29112009164.gif

And the airbox at this weather/temperature is ALWAYS COLD, not even warm! Yesterday, after 30 min of street racing with my friends it was cold. And the moment we've stopped I've checked the airbox.