My car won't move

I wouldn't get too hung up on it, my old man's 1 series does it too. BMW were going to charge him to clean them up, not covered under warranty and is a common problem. He told them no and did it himself.

I have two alfa romeos, a 145 and a 156 and they both suffer from sticking handbrakes this time of the year, it's a common problem.

Both have the same type of hand brake cables and they are sealed when new, once worn or a stone has pierced the outer sheath water/condensation gets in and can freeze in the winter sticking the hand brake on, i just never put the hand brake on when parking one up.

classic mini's do it as well, just give it some beansto move it its fine as Roy says, i've had it for four years it's no big deal

Mine is still ceased...took her for a drive tonight, its a little looser, but still engaged all the time. Taking it to the garage Saturday morning now!

Pads and discs rusting and sticking together is no problem at all.

My 200 does it every single day (living 400m from the sea doesn't help). My 172 Cup also does it every single day, and has done from new over the last 8 years and 130k miles.

Not once have I ever had a problem with it. I'm just always aware that the first few brake presses have to clear the surface rust so take it a little easy.

Pretty much.

Had a few niggly loom issues sorted under warranty, since out of warranty needed one starter motor, had one injector fail and one spark plug fail.

Replaced the original exhaust for a stainless Ktec stealth once it had crumbled into dust...and that's still going strong.

Apart from that it's been consumables only (countless pads/discs, 3 sets of standard springs/dampers, one set of wheel bearings).

Think it's helped that I halved the service interval from day one so it's been given TLC every 6k. That and being driven hard and tracked regularly throughout it's life are what's behind it's year on year power gains as well I think.

Hoping for the same from the 200!