My arm is messed up

richandgem

Platinum Member
Seriously.

I woke up on Wednesday morning, went to get dressed and couldn't lift my arm to put my T-shirt on. I can only move my arm about 6 inches away from my side and in front of me. There isn't any trying hard to get it a bit further and it moving slowly. It gets to a point and stops, I can't tell it to move.

I've been suffering with bad headaches, eye ache/problems, mood swings and neck aches for over a month now. I went to A&E on Wednesday and have spent a lot of time over the last few days being scanned, poked and pulled and the outcome of which is the docs don't know what's wrong.

I've been tested for heart problems (they suspected I had a stroke), compressed nerves in my spine and torn muscles. All of which were negative. The docs say if definitely isn't a joint/muscle problem as theres no pain in the correct areas. It's either a nervous system problem (my nerves aren't transmitting the signals to move the arm properly) or a neurological problem (my brain isn't telling my arm to move), with all the other problems I've been having recently I'm starting to poo myself tbh.

I just want to know what's wrong now so I can get on with the treatment whatever it may be

Rich I feel for you mate I have CRPS which is nervous system
Prob and I suffer like hell if it is your nervous system it's a nightmare to sort because you have to see so many people it's unreal but it all comes down to the brain not communicating with the affected area.keep your chin up mate because through experience if you let it get you down it gets worse.you on any medication?.hope you get sorted soon I have been like this 16 months now

I am a very positive, happy person, and I'm determined to not let it get me down no matter what it turns out to be. At the moment I have no idea if it's something serious or something really silly. As I'm sure you know it's the time to get things done that is really frustrating, I'm tempted to go private.

I'm only on pain relief at the moment, in the form of post surgery dosages of codeine and tramadol but they don't do much.

I have tried that many pills and potions it's unreal waiting for a spinal cord stimulated now so it can tell my brain it dosnt hurt so I can use it again
Keep us informed mate

flippin eck Rich sounds bad dude and it's not as if your an owd duffer either.
do you not have private medical care with work might be worth running it through them you may find an answer a bit quicker.

When you had your eye examination, did they do a full visual field examination?

Yes mate, got them to do the works, everything was fine. Slight change in my prescription but nothing major.

Thanks for the comments guys, I just thought it was something silly until my arm stopped working. I'm getting a bit worried now. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of private health cover, although Im tempted to pay for a consultation to see what they think and if they can speed things up a bit

Best of luck Rich, hope everything works out for you fella! :thumbup:

Well I am surprised nobody else has done this yet..... :whatever:

How has been a 'busy' boy then!?!?!?! :wink:

Seriously though fella I hope that you are better soon!!!

Just had to be done guys :wink:

Has there been any improvement? Is it cold i.e. low circulation?

Judging from the thread about alcohol, id say its a serious case of alcohol abuse!! :blush: :smiley: Your cock might actually fall off next, that is the next symptom as well as hairy palms.

Just kidding. Hope you find out whats wrong and make a recovery. :smile: I cant say ive ever experienced anything similar, apart from waking up with a dead arm after lying on it all night.