My 260bhp Clio mod!

Had a little something up my sleeve for a while now and the work is finally complete:

Heres a little hint lol:
DSC01362.gif

Its a wet shot of nitrous from WON with 50bhp (60 lb/ft) metering jets fitted. I've been told the engine could take 60bhp but i'm keeping it safe. And for any doubters to the efficiency of this it is something else. Totally transforms the car into an animal on the straights, addictive lol.

11lb polished bottle, good for about 8 minutes worth of spray:
DSC01364.gif

DSC01365.gif

Progessive controller, adjust the amount of nitrous sparyed dependant on time ( so the lower rpm means less nitrous, easier on engine ):
DSC01363.gif

Fuel line tap for additional fuel injection:
DSC01368.gif

Under bonnet installation, looks amazing in person:
DSC01369.gif

DSC01367.gif

Any questions or comments welcome :tongueout:

Last edited:
The kit minus controller was £1000 but thats with the bigger tank and polished and optional braided nitrous line.

The controller was £280 and fitting was £500.

Got a pressure gauge and bottle heater going in a couple of weeks too.

awesome dude you not consider waiting for the update on seans supercharger? and taking that route?

Nah i've always been happy with the car in the twisties and abit dissapointed on the straights.

Now i can have the extra power only when i need it. Plus nitrous is abit of a novelty and something different :tongueout:

Great :thumbup1:, but why that position for the solenoids? And why not going for the direct port?

cliowoninj.jpg

cliowondp.jpg

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Great :thumbup1:, but why that position for the solenoids? And why not going for the direct port?

Keep us posted.

Solenoids are there as they usually mount them on the bulkhead but the manifold was too much of a problem with heat as they need to be kept cool as possible.

I did consider direct port but was advised by WON that unless your going over 150bhp its not really gonna give extra performance + the 197s manifold design lends itself to single injection for equal distribution anyway.

Solenoids are there as they usually mount them on the bulkhead but the manifold was too much of a problem with heat as they need to be kept cool as possible.

I did consider direct port but was advised by WON that unless your going over 150bhp its not really gonna give extra performance + the 197s manifold design lends itself to single injection for equal distribution anyway.

OK than, keep us posted - I'm really thinking about doing the same thing - 50bhp jets.

We had them mounted in the right side of the engine bay (behind the engine mount - if that's the proper term for the thing that carries the engine ;/) when looking from the driver's side.

We were going for the lay low design. :lol:

I asked to have as much on show as possible under the bonnet lol, bling bling!

A good way to loose a street race. "They" don't need to know what's under the hood before the race. :biggrin:

Just kidding - his/our wish was to keep it all stock as possible.

His switch was in the glove compartment - it has proofed to be an epic fail. :biggrin:

You dont have to show whats under the bonnet lol :tongueout:

Controller was gonna be mounted in glovebox but that meant with harnesses it was out of my reach to make adjustments.

Wow nice one ben.
Didn't realise it was that expensive though.

Got any 0-60 times yet.?

No 0-60 times yet Jase as heavy snow has prevented me from testing it fully lol, but will get some figures and a dyno run asap.

Yeah it is abit of a beast but at £55 a refill i'll be very select to how often i use it!

that's mental Ben hat's off to you fella, have you let the insurance know?
a mate of mine had nos in his seat leon and when he pranged it the assesor came to look at it and threw a wobbler.

that's mental Ben hat's off to you fella, have you let the insurance know?
a mate of mine had nos in his seat leon and when he pranged it the assesor came to look at it and threw a wobbler.

Technically if the bottle isnt physically plumbed in and removed from the car then you dont have to delcare it, however the insurance does know at my expense :worried: