more power?

would realy like to up the power of my car
already did a re-map, induction kit and de-cat with new exhaust(sounds epic).
have around 205hp
would like to know if there is anything i can do to improve it

Last edited:
im coming to cape town for a re-map, induction kit, and de-cat, if thats what you get, :biggrin: lol.

im coming to cape town for a re-map, induction kit, and de-cat, if thats what you get, :biggrin: lol.

lolz. But as for the OP i don't think he is the only person thats bought a 197 and thought that could be the claimed figures after doing so there seems to be quite a few people that thinks so.

Also OP poster. Have you had your car rolling roaded? What was the power figures if you have done?

sorry guys, was a typo, meant 205hp
I'm use to working in kW and didn’t convert correct(152kW)
did it on a dyno about 2 months ago after I had the induction done
will take it to different place to dyno during the holiday, coz from what I hear from u guys it sounds like it might be giving me the wrong figures

if u only got 203 with cams and the cable throttle set up, then im sure the figures i got are incorrect.
thanx for the help, will have a look into it.

You havent got 215 bhp at all!!

I had a new ECU, cable throttle set up, cams decatted exhaust to get to 203!

How does your car run with the new cams. Thought about doing it, but haven’t found any local guys that have done it and don’t want to go into it blind. Any advice?

How does your car run with the new cams. Thought about doing it, but haven’t found any local guys that have done it and don’t want to go into it blind. Any advice?

Works ok mate, well it does now, when they were installed they were installed incorrectly and it caused big probs!

:biggrin::biggrin:

And how's that holding up? Give us an update.

Will get vids up soon mate. I've jusy run out for the first time and been using it every w.end heavily. Havent any time to go get it filled.

Thats £50 every 2 months for +50bhp, bargain i say :wink:

take the induction kit off and fit a panel filter, i had an induction kit on mine and was losing me 13bhp was making the car run abit lean, put the standard air box back on with and itg panel filter and it went from 174bhp to 186bhp that with a remap and milltek exhaust,

Thanx for all the help guys, sound like i have a lot to do. Have to focus on the studies now, so will have to wait for the next holiday. at least it gives me time to save up sone $$$. not not sure about the nos, but sound very promising. cheers!

Hi folks, just a quick question (first post so here goes!) are all the power figures you are quoting "bhp at the wheels", or "bhp at the flywheel"? Pardon my ignorance. The 197 figure is what Renault quotes as the flywheel figure isn't it?
Thanks

Ian :smile: