More (-) Camber

Whilst not completely ideal, -2.2 will be massively better than the stock settings.
I run -2.5 myself, even though I have the option to go more.

Reactions: Beany
On the subject of camber what is recommended for a fast car set up? I don't have adjustable top mounts and I have about 1.5 degrees of negative camber on both the front wheels and rear wheels.

Being realistic I don't think that the car will do more than about 4 track days a year - it will do more miles on the road than a track.

I only have one set of wheels at the moment so the car will spend most of it's time on PS4s

Reactions: Beany
On the subject of camber what is recommended for a fast car set up? I don't have adjustable top mounts and I have about 1.5 degrees of negative camber on both the front wheels and rear wheels.

Being realistic I don't think that the car will do more than about 4 track days a year - it will do more miles on the road than a track.

I only have one set of wheels at the moment so the car will spend most of it's time on PS4s

that’s prob not too bad, failing that like what @RSRowe has -2.5 will be fine for fast road with the odd track action.

you don’t want to go too far otherwise it gets squirmy and tramlining... mines -3.2 ish and it’s awful on the roads

Reactions: burrellbloke
As Chris says, 2.5 max for the road. I’m at 3.5 and she hops around islands on PS4s. Direzzas on track is another matter :thumb:

I would do a trackday and see how you get on and decide from there personally, as it might be fine for you and then saves you money.
As it might be a bit worse on track (probably not though) but will be so much better on road with the camber you have.

I think that some point in the future I might get some new coilovers with adjustable top mounts to give me the possibility of a bit more negative camber. But that would be a long term goal. I have got sensible plans to refresh and renew other parts first. I am quite enjoying the Clio being dropped by 20mm and having 1.5 degrees of negative camber. The car feels like a nimble go kart at the moment compared to my heavy but more powerful Megane 280.

Clios that are lowered beyond 20mm and with more negative camber must be very entertaining for a spirited drive down quiet B roads.

Reactions: Beany and suj
Looking at the mounting bolts for Pure Motorsports Clio 3 RS Adjustable Front Strut Top Mounts (allowing extra 1.75 camber as mentioned), it seems that it accommodates for both early & late Clio 3 RS, doesn't it? Plus, they provide a fitting option of that goes with Bilstein B14 which I'm currently having in my Megalio

what do you thing guys?

Capture-3.JPG

Looking at the mounting bolts for Pure Motorsports Clio 3 RS Adjustable Front Strut Top Mounts (allowing extra 1.75 camber as mentioned), it seems that it accommodates for both early & late Clio 3 RS, doesn't it? Plus, they provide a fitting option of that goes with Bilstein B14 which I'm currently having in my Megalio

what do you thing guys?

View attachment 144648
I’d say that is the castor adjustment you’re referring to.

I’d say that is the castor adjustment you’re referring to.

Yeah you are right as by using the alternative stud mounting holes so the top mounts can be moved backwards, you will have 1 degree of caster to play with. However, my question was driven by the pattern of these stud mounting holes. I thought for a minute they can be used to fix this top mount on late Clio 3RS.

guess my hope just vanished :sweat:

Last edited:
Says they fit both late and early style on the website.
I would get a set. They look well designed

I think that some point in the future I might get some new coilovers with adjustable top mounts to give me the possibility of a bit more negative camber. But that would be a long term goal. I have got sensible plans to refresh and renew other parts first. I am quite enjoying the Clio being dropped by 20mm and having 1.5 degrees of negative camber. The car feels like a nimble go kart at the moment compared to my heavy but more powerful Megane 280.

Clios that are lowered beyond 20mm and with more negative camber must be very entertaining for a spirited drive down quiet B roads.

@burrellbloke am I correct in thinking you have B14's fitted? Are you thinking of upgrading because of the look or you feel more neg camber is needed. The reason I ask is that I am currently on stock and can certainly feel the need of neg camber but like the idea of B14's still being suitable for the road.

I have got B14s. I had the wheels aligned after the coilovers were fitted and I am running 1.5 degrees of negative camber on every wheel now.

In my opinion B14s are perfect for a fast road set up. I managed to get my B14s for £400 as they were on @IainMac Clio first. If I was buying from new I would probably go for some Yellowspeed coilovers just because they are the same price as new B14s but also come with adjustable dampening and adjustable top mounts.

@burrellbloke am I correct in thinking you have B14's fitted? Are you thinking of upgrading because of the look or you feel more neg camber is needed. The reason I ask is that I am currently on stock and can certainly feel the need of neg camber but like the idea of B14's still being suitable for the road.

If you track your car regularly, -1.5 degrees isnt enough to wear the tires evenly, but that restriction is from the topmount not the coilover. You could run virtually any suspension setup and still run into the limitation of shifting the top mounts inward to a max of -2ish degrees.

Since I'm running with solid mounts at the front wishbone & Compbrake top mounts at the moment, I'll be testing adding Power flex (801GBLK) camber adjustable - Track along with my current B14 and see!

The camber bushes add around 1-1.5 degrees. I installed some on a friends car, and they seem pretty good.
I was worried they could move, but they’ve been fine for a number of trackdays.

Reactions: Abdulla Ali Al Ali