Modding..Honest appraisal.

where did you get the brakes from daz? get a price I'm sure there'd be planty of people interested in the kit.

Easy..because the kw1s are a compromise whereas the cs are fully adjustable & designed for track.
All my mods have been based around track use & lightness.
Which will all help when it becomes a full time track beast in the future.

OK, but then a few mods you have said you wouldnt buy again. But then you say you got them for the future 'track beast'.

So are you saying you wouldnt buy again, or you would buy at a later stage, when the car becomes a dedicated track tool?

OK, but then a few mods you have said you wouldnt buy again. But then you say you got them for the future 'track beast'.

So are you saying you wouldnt buy again, or you would buy at a later stage, when the car becomes a dedicated track tool?

Ok..i have fitted all the mods to turn it to its fine fettled form to be used on road and track.
However if i came to the clio fold fresh BUT knowing what difference the mods made in gains vs cost then you would see that the clubsports n quaife diff get left out.
Purely on a cost vs gains basis.
I have no regrets whatsoever modding my clio like i have done but wanted to advise others, to help them consider 8)

First of all, terrific thread. Thanks Dangerdaz for sharing, massively appreciate the honesty!

But dont get it thru them. If peeps are interested i could get a group buy organised with the company that did mine. Probably with 10-20% discount.

I'm in for that 100%, cash ready.

I tried to sell the BM modded and people loved it, but was a nightmare. Was worth 500 quid more than standard one. Moddin' def heart than head but can come back to bite you hard on the bottom.

That's why I personally believe that SCing the clio is a better solution to the megane route. When (if) you decide to sell it, take it back to STD, sell the kit separately and you won't end up trying to sell a heavily modified car.

Did you get your H&R's setup properly dude?

I thought H&Rs have fixed damping? Or maybe not?