whats a must when modding a 197?

So, I get my car in a week or two but I want to know what you guys think are the must do mods for a 197 F1? Im happy to admit I know nothing about RS tuning lol and do apologise if this has been asked a million times before.

Well the car your buying is already an excellent car from STD. Why are you modifying it, for road or track work etc?

Keep it simple. A nice exhaust won't give you anymore noticeable power but a nice soundtrack will add to the driving pleasure. Avoid the decat for simplicity and drivability.

Realising your going to need to spend a lot of money if your wanting any more than 5-10bhp over the standard power.

Other than that like what Ben has said, what what are you looking to get out of the car road or trackday fun ?

thanks guys, I wasnt going to heavily mod it due to it being fantastic out of the box. Was just thinking filter and exhaust. Might take it on track but 99% of the time its just for road use to work etc

It's an awesome car as standard.

But! I personally think they sit a little too high and would say lowering it 30-40mm was essential for me.

H&R springs and cup spoiler FTW

Like everyone says it is a awesome car out of the box! Just little subtle things!

I'd recommend itg filter, exhaust (depending on budget either miltek £500 or akropovic £1000) and a remap. you dont really need any more than that, maybe brakes if your going to do a few track days, but as you say its fantastic out the box!

As good around as the corners as it is, they are still built with compromise for ground clearance and 'acceptable' comfort. H&Rs will make things less comfy/speed bump friendly but should improve handling.

Personally I think the cup spoiler makes the car look just that bit more special. Worth baring in mind though if you have a long commute, it can't do MPG figures any good.

As good around as the corners as it is, they are still built with compromise for ground clearance and 'acceptable' comfort. H&Rs will make things less comfy/speed bump friendly but should improve handling.
This. :smile:

I don't car that it's super stiff. With the smallest amount of body roll, I eats corners up like they're nothing. :smiley: