Mileage wimps....

As I only get 200-250 miles to a tank, nigh on 4900 miles would be around 20 fills for me at 50 quid a pop. That's a grand and the reason I don't do 4884 miles a month!

LOL, I get 300-350 outta mine!!!!!!!!

She is gonna have a few weeks rest now though, the poor thing is panting through tiredness!!!

Do mostly short journeys, so the consumption ain't great. Lots of nice driving roads round my way, so the car spends a lot of time bouncing off the limiter, too! 8)

56 plate just done 31k miles. I've had it since Feb 08 when I bought it with 16k miles. Think it's running better now than it ever has.

Do mostly short journeys, so the consumption ain't great. Lots of nice driving roads round my way, so the car spends a lot of time bouncing off the limiter, too! 8)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see, I got 12MPG out of the red beast on the Nürburgring even with my awful lap :smile:

proberly would last that long, its usually other components that knacker the engines like timing belt tensioners giving up, or lack of servicing/maintence to be honest ive worked for renault for 6 years now and ive never seen and F4R enigne blow through internal fault its always because of another problem,
The problem with renault is the timing belt area, i worked for fords for 5 years and i never saw a car come in with a snapped belt or faulty timing tensioner but as soon as i started working for renault i was priceing engine jobs left right and centre lol good for me but bad for the customer :smile:

you never saw the 1.8diesel have belts fail.......surprised there !!

mines a 56 plate done 19500 got it when it had done 8000 - but its been a well "driven" 11000m 8)

brought mine at end of april with 58000 on it, its now at 60500ish

i really couldnt care less how many miles i do in mine to be honest, ye the value of the car will be less when i come to sell, but ill make up the difference by sellin my 18" ultraleggeras an my milltek system, an as said, a 197 is to be driven....HARD... not left on the drive an looked at :tongue_smilie:

My mileage is always going up.. Not too bad though.

Bought it near a year ago with 13k on the clock and it now has 25k on it and i only use it at weekends due to work van.

Today ,St Albans to Basildon,pickup spliter,Basildon to East Tilbury pick up documents for work,East Tilbury to Walthamstow then Walthamstow to St Albams this evening .
On Wednesday going to pick up the Scenic so this week should see me clock up over 400 miles and Dorset next week so about 1500 this month.
Most miles in one month was in my previous 197 on a holiday to Malorca.

BTW petrol down to 112.9 at my local Sainsbury,shame the price is still so high.Don't they get it lower the price to about 85p per lt.We will all use more or spend the savings elsewhere ,economy saved.

Last edited:
lmao i thought u might come on and pee on all our chips lol

"got boost???" . . . . . . . still love it

;/ looks like mine is one of the higher ones then lol.
tis ok, should be makin way for a V6 come april when the insurance stops rapin me :thumbsup:

Mines showing about 14850, is a 57 plate. Brought last Oct with 10700 on the clock. Only really used at weekends, longest drive was to Scotland and around up there then back, did about 1030 miles in 3 days and didnt miss a beat :smile:

mines on about 13k and its on a 57plate lol, It was on 9k when I got her 7months ago TBH I get sick of driving as I do 30k+ a year in works van, but im def not scared of doing mileage in it as Mike said cars are meant to be DRIVEN, unless its a Vaux in which case your better just leaving it at home :wink:

I have only covered 2500 in 6months in mine but then I do have the luxureyof have 2 cars so the 200cup only come's out to play at weekends and the weather is nice I might take it to work!:tongueout:
On another note I finished my apprentiship 15 months ago and when SOME people see me in it at work and then ask if it is mine, and I say yes! They think I am a liar and that (mummy and daddy) has bought it for me which really p***es my off. So I think why bother taking it and take the punto instead. :jumpon: