Micah's Deep Black 200

Looks very nice indeed Micah!

:thumb:

Not sure which obsession is the biggest on the forum....Pav and his carbon-wrap, or you and your orange :wink:

Lols.

The man-made version found on Clio hubs isn't my cup-o-tea !

Anyway. Pavs obsession is in a different league to mine. I'm just a pretender compared to him.

Anyway - more to the point: Whats your suggestion for a wax on the Black bits Micah ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy
To a degree I'm a half-arsed 'that'll do Pig' kinda guy. It was simply a wash with Meguiars Wash n' Wax followed by some of their Quik Wax and a nice buff. I only had about 90 minutes to wash/wax, dress the tyres and try not to make a right old fudge of the plates!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I decided that it was time to change back to the standard air box this afternoon - as much as I loved the induction roar with the KTEC kit I just wanted to go back to standard with my K&N panel filter.
The difference was like night and day having the OEM system back. It seemed so much more responsive and it made me drive like a bit of a hooligan at one point.
KTEC induction kit going up for sale within a day so keep your mincers peeled!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I decided that it was time to change back to the standard air box this afternoon - as much as I loved the induction roar with the KTEC kit I just wanted to go back to standard with my K&N panel filter.
The difference was like night and day having the OEM system back. It seemed so much more responsive and it made me drive like a bit of a hooligan at one point.
KTEC induction kit going up for sale within a day so keep your mincers peeled!

Nooooooo. Really mate. You hated that much.....WHY ?

I didn't hate it, I just decided that there was only going to be one end that noise would come from and that will be a Scorpion system next year. I also wanted to see how the driving experience was having tried both and it definitely feels better with the panel filter in. More plain Jane now but better for the driver.
Also, I wondered if there would be more benefit from the KTEC if it had a map.

I didn't hate it, I just decided that there was only going to be one end that noise would come from and that will be a Scorpion system next year. I also wanted to see how the driving experience was having tried both and it definitely feels better with the panel filter in. More plain Jane now but better for the driver.
Also, I wondered if there would be more benefit from the KTEC if it had a map.

Shame in some ways,.....

The K-Tec induction being fitted at time of mapping (Along with exhaust) would of course be the best scenario; to take full benefit from it all. ie: Get all your mods in place and remap once !

After what seems like eternity, I finally have an update worthy of posting!
I was thinking for a long time that I needed to keep the bodywork protected as best I can over the winter, and took advantage of the good weather we had on Thursday to give the car a clean with some Meguiars Gold Class shampoo and then a good layer of Collinite 476S wax. After not putting too much effort into it, I think it came out rather well!

IMG_6206.jpg
IMG_6209.jpg

As most people know, I got myself a bargain Scorpion resonated system from Demon Tweeks with their Black Friday deal, so fitting was booked in with my mate and also ordered some service items (plugs and gearbox oil kit) from @renaultpartsdirect to be done at the same time.
I also decided that I'd feel happier on the road if I had a dash cam, so purchased a Nextbase 312GW thanks to @Chris suggestion.

IMG_6214.jpg

So, yesterday was the day everything was done (bar the gearbox oil as was running out of time)

IMG_6224.jpg
IMG_6226.jpg

First impressions of the Scorpion - Wow! This thing was made for the Clio, changing gear has never been so enjoyable!
BUT
Oh my god it's so loud in the cabin, please someone (@sevenfourate / @Chris) tell me it gets better with time! I've gone out for a quick blast this afternoon to see what it's like with the seats and parcel shelf back in place and I reckon I've got a headache from just 15/20 minutes of mixed driving... may have to invest in some thick blankets or ear defenders and this is with a RESONATED system!

Secondly, the dash cam seems very good and the hardwire kit is a must for those thinking about it. I'll see if I can post some footage up shortly.

I have the resonated scorpion with the ktec induction kit which I love. But noise wise it does scream race car!!

I only use mine at weekends for a blast and occasional trackdays so not inconvenienced by it.

If it was my daily on the other hand...

I'm with you. For me at 40+ this system along with a mani is more than enough ! Although with the Clio build-quality (Re: weight-saving panels !) i'm sure its actually louder in the car than it is outside [Can only comment on Scorpion resonated]

People talking about removing all cats coupled with a non-resonated system must really love "ASBO" level exhausts.....

Perhaps you can see why i tried some sound-proof foam under the boot-carpet to try to tone it down a bit.

Not sure it will quieten to any degree tbh. You might get used to it somewhat though....... :smile: **I'm not sure leaving the cardboard on the boxes will do much.... lol

BTW: Car looks great and the oil. filter, plugs etc will never hurt !

Busy times for you...............

Well I never thought that the res system was crazy loud to be honest, just cruising speeds it was a nice tone and only when on the loud pedal did it get much louder.

See how you get on over the next week or so before jumping on soundproofing it..

Let me know how you get on with the dash cam!

I was waiting for someone to comment about the cardboard :tearsofjoy:
I agree that inside is definitely louder than out. There must be some kind of slight fix, I'm almost regretting it now as it's mainly used for motorway and the gf will not be pleased with the headaches when we pop down to the darkest depths of Kent once a month :tired:
I actually woke up early to read through your thread again Syer and see the comments about your system. A shame that carpet never worked.

Don't think this will go on too easily now...

IMG_6227.jpg

@Chris - I'm very pleased with the 312, it's the right money for a very good product. Very easy to set up and I've just figured out the software which is dead simple to use.

Last edited:
Stupid question but you definitely still have the cat in place?

Yes I'm skint right now but after crimbo that will be high up on my agenda to get the dash cam.

The car has come up really well with the Megs and wax on there Micah. Deep Black is a fantastic colour, when it's in that state!

Interesting comments on the Scorpion resonated .... :excited:

Reactions: Micah
lovely stuff Micah..the dash cam looks very good..what sd card have you got with it??
you think your scorpion is loud,come and have ride in mine..and travel across Europe :french:

Reactions: Micah
lovely stuff Micah..the dash cam looks very good..what sd card have you got with it??
you think your scorpion is loud,come and have ride in mine..and travel across Europe :french:

I put a Sandisk 32gb Class 10 card in it, cost me a tenner on Amazon.

Last edited: