Micah's Deep Black 200

Sounds about right to me mate. I'd say it's because your not used to it. Shame your not a bit closer to me or I'd have a listen in person.

After a few days of driving and getting some serious cabin resonance, I dropped the car down to a decent local exhaust centre this morning for them to look it over. They said it was lined up perfectly but just needed sealing, so 20 minutes later off I drove with a quieter car! Still fairly loud but the guy did say that because the tips don't protrude out of the car, there will be resonance in the bumper.
Now, I'm pretty sure that these can only protrude a set distance as the hangers dictate this, the only adjustment is left and right.
Because I'm the world's worst worrier, I've taken a couple of pictures of how the tips are sitting within the heat shield - they're spot on to be fair, just wondering if anyone can compare theirs (ahem, @sevenfourate :grin:)
If this is the case, then I'm wondering if there is less resonance with the more open design of the 197 diffuser?

IMG_6258.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

Altogether though, it really is a fantastic sounding system, you won't regret it @Jimmy :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
After a few days of driving and getting some serious cabin resonance, I dropped the car down to a decent local exhaust centre this morning for them to look it over. They said it was lined up perfectly but just needed sealing, so 20 minutes later off I drove with a quieter car! Still fairly loud but the guy did say that because the tips don't protrude out of the car, there will be resonance in the bumper.
Now, I'm pretty sure that these can only protrude a set distance as the hangers dictate this, the only adjustment is left and right.
Because I'm the world's worst worrier, I've taken a couple of pictures of how the tips are sitting within the heat shield - they're spot on to be fair, just wondering if anyone can compare theirs (ahem, @sevenfourate :grin:)
If this is the case, then I'm wondering if there is less resonance with the more open design of the 197 diffuser?

IMG_6258.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

Altogether though, it really is a fantastic sounding system, you won't regret it @Jimmy :wink:

Looks spot on to me buddy and just how mine does.

My pair aren't both dead central - damned close - but my mechanic spent a fair while getting it as good as humanly possible as he knows what I'm like...

Thanks matey, feel better now!
Yeah, it was pure fluke that they lined up so perfectly, always the way though!
Will definitely look into some sound deadening for the boot, there's a fair bit of research to do though upon browsing it the other day. Will keep me occupied for a little while though, always good!

how come its out @Jimmy??
yeah i had my fair share of depression with my exhaust in the past so know your frustration mate..

i mean the fact you have more noise in your life??you havent updated your progress thread yet..

Reactions: Micah
Ah I see! I'm waiting till I've got some photos and videos before I update, too boring otherwise :wink: The cat is out of the bag now anyway :smiley:

Reactions: Pav
Very little progress of late, apart from the new craze that is alarm brackets!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1d.jpg

I've had my N/S lower ball joint screaming away at me for the last few weeks, which just sounds painful, especially when I have to million point turn it to fit onto my drive (thanks Renault for appalling turning circles!). I gave John at R-Sport a call and he was really helpful. They supply parts for the UK Clio Cup, so well renowned. The joints were £42 plus the dreaded which seemed a bargain, so I bought two.
My mate fitted the N/S at the weekend and it was buggered to say the least!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e.jpg

Nice shiny new one ready to go back in!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f.jpg

MOT due on 4th February, so will hopefully pass!

Reactions: Jimmy and Dystant
A £10 heat gun and a hammer. He rested the hub on 2 axle stands for stability.
Was cold enough outside to not have to put the replacement in the freezer!
Mates like that are worth hanging on to:grinning: