Micah's Deep Black 200

@Pav Yes, the hubs are shocking. The disks are only a couple of months old, I get annoyed every time I look at them. Might have to get handy with a brush and some paint - any recommendations?

Seats look really great buddy.....great addition to the spec-sheet.

Glad your happy with the filter too :smile:

But seriously. The brolly is the NUTS. Need one for my golf-bag badly.

"Well-jel" !!!!

Reactions: Micah
@Pav Yes, the hubs are shocking. The disks are only a couple of months old, I get annoyed every time I look at them. Might have to get handy with a brush and some paint - any recommendations?

Black smoothrite - brushed on out of a tin. Mine looks the nuts. And i expect it to outlast the discs too !

Reactions: Jimmy

I think a few people have used Hammerite Smooth Black paint, does the job well. I painted straight onto the rust, due to time constraints...the finish is still decent though and always better than rust. It's a very quick job to do, especially if you can get all 4 wheels off at the same time

ETA: Shuv beat me to it :yum:

as above..make sure you brush the rust off first though..makes it look much better..
i would go for a heat proof paint as the hubs get quite hot when giving some beans...

Mine during and after buddy @Micah ........ [You also need to do the small lip on the outside of the front....but NOT the mating face where the wheel actually touches the hub when its bolted on]

IMG_4228_zps9h5yf0b1.jpg

IMG_4226_zpsf0ljhg7i.jpg

IMG_4233_zpsal4xm7cg.jpg

Hammerite was delivered today, so I need to get a move on with sorting those awful hubs out!
On a separate note, I ordered a new hose clip from RamAir with the stud welded on to keep the filter attached to the heat shield. I fitted this yesterday afternoon and it has stopped the cone resting on the bottom of the heat shield. When driving it today, it has totally transformed the induction noise and is much more noticeable. I can live with it for sure, but can understand previous comments about the filter when fitted using a fully functioning kit.

I put 2 coats on buddy (Smoothrite - with a brush). You need to leave like 6+ hours between coats from memory (read the tin) or with Smoothrite - the 2nd coat will end up "drawing off" and wrecking the 1st coat.

And leave at least 12 hours to dry after that id say: before driving again. So essentially a Sat morning job !!!!

I was under a bit more pressure time-wise... From memory I left it about 3 hours between coats and 4-5 to fully dry. The tin does indeed give you instructions - I just didn't have as much spare time tbh, doing one wheel at a time.. The finish was fine though - not a masterpiece, but anything is better than rust!

I don't see why not Micah. IIRC I had to do that with one of the hubs as I needed to use the car that day. Turned out fine - just might need to give it a bit of a wipe clean to get any dirt/dust off the first coat.

Might have to do that then as will be out and about tomorrow and will probably only get one opportunity in the afternoon. Would rather have one coat on both sides than two on one!

Yeah, you'll be fine! As long as the coat has dried enough, then I don't see any issues putting the wheels back on and using the car before a second coat!