Micah's Deep Black 200

Been a while since any maintenance went on, but decided the front brakes needed sorting, so had standard HC disks and pads fitted last weekend. Such a noticeable difference in braking. Rear's are still squealing a little bit but I can live with that until they need replacing.

thumb_IMG_5221_1024.jpg

Up next... suggestions?

Last edited:
you should have painted the disc hub..it will go rusty and spoil the look mate...

Looks good mate, a big fan of them black wheel bolts, I'll have to nab part number for them [emoji1360]

Next up, exhaust, panel filter and a map [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, after searching for a set of standard wheels for months on end, a set came up for sale not too far away from me. The following day they went to a local wheel refurb company Inspraytion and were turned around in 3 days! Must say, for £50 a wheel plus £25 to repair a buckle, I'm very pleased with them and the guys are really focused on customer service. I then spent the following 3 evenings putting on a coat of Poorboys to keep them well sealed.

So, yesterday my old tyres were swapped onto the new wheels and had the air con regassed while it was in the garage.

thumb_IMG_5309_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_5332_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_5331_1024.jpg

Let me know what you think. I'm not sure if they're too dark as wanted slightly more contrast against the black, but it's definitely a job ticked off the list!

Last edited:
Hard to tell buddy about the contrast.....light isnt great - but look quite dark ?

But as you say; its another job done, the wheels are now sorted and you can move on.

Surprised you didnt go after Speedlines. Everyone else seems to lust after them.............

**Black bullets and door-handles next :smile:

They look good :smile: a little darker on the car than when they were off, however they still look great!

Surprised you didnt go after Speedlines. Everyone else seems to lust after them.............

**Black bullets and door-handles next :smile:

If I'm honest, I'm not a fan of the Speedlines on a black car (sorry montana), Juk3sy has done a top job with his, but they're quite pricey and I've become a bit conservative lately with what I want to spend my money on.
To add further controversy, I actually like having the silver handles and bullets, I just find that it needs some contrast. If I had the anthracite pack, it would be a different matter!

very good job..like a lot :thumbup:

Thanks! :smile:

They look good but imo it needs red calipers to break up the darkness.

Couldn't agree more, definitely needs some contrast in the void of metal and rubber. Should have just held out and bought a Cup back in February, though there wasn't actually anything decent for sale at the right price.

Last edited:
Cheers! Actually, when the sun is out they look fab, so definitely growing on me.

The wheels look good mate,what did Insprayation say about the buckle?

Cheers Mick. They had no issues sorting out the buckle, a bit beyond my understanding but can see where they've used the lathe to fix it - needs a lot less balance weights that's for sure!

Been a bit quiet lately but there has been plenty going on and decided to splash out and treat myself after a few miserable weeks...
What could possibly be going on here?

IMG_5512.jpg

Ah yes... the downside of living so close to Steve Murr...

IMG_5639.jpg

They are just awesome, dead comfy, solid, supportive, the list goes on! They make the car feel that little bit more special. Need a bit more of a clean but not overly bothered at the moment.

Talking of cleaning, I decided to give the car a good wash and wax over the BH weekend before going to Brands Hatch for my M4/F4 experience (even got to meet Ash Sutton!)

IMG_5594.jpg
thumb_IMG_5577_1024.jpg

Then after god knows how much research and discussion with @sevenfourate, I took the plunge and bought this second hand from a forum member.

IMG_5637.jpg

I can honestly say it's not as loud as I was expecting and gives a superb note. I absolutely would not buy one of these from new - really quite disappointing for what you don't get in return for £214! If anyone is considering one, just get it (used of course!), it doesn't scream ASBO and is really satisfying when you need to open it up :smilingimp:

Another bonus at work this week was my colleague giving this to me - her husband got it from a Renault rep in the week, I was dead chuffed!

IMG_5638.jpg

The week then got better by landing a new job, so all in all things are pretty good. Next stop, brake caliper shenanigans - watch this space!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new job! Sounds like a successful week altogether!

The Recaros are a very nice upgrade, glad you're happy with them! Well worth having imo!

Recaros??think i'll have to ban you for having better seats than me :smilingimp:

look great..last thing i'd like to do too..enjoy them mate

think i can see some nasty rust on them hubs :fearscream: