Megane engine conversion. Who can do it???

Hi there,

Which companies can do the Megane engine conversion?

I'm looking for a reliable 260-270 bhp with LSD.

I use my car only for trackdays.

I want to bring my car to the UK and have the conversion done. Important that it's done 100%. I don't fancy travelling to the UK every week because something is not working right.

Here in Holland there are no companies who do this conversion (no demand, with about 150 Clio RS cars sold in totall, from 2006-now!)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

K-Tec
RSTuning
SC Auto Electrics

These three have all done them so far. I suppose it depends where abouts in England is easiest for you to get to?

K-Tec are down South, RSTuning are Yorkshire which is sort of in the middle and SC Auto Electrics are here in the North.

It varies from place to place and that would also depend on if you supplied the engine and gearbox yourself and to what spec' you wanted the engine at...

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but would someone like SC Auto electrics do just the wiring side of a conversion?

I am capable of fitting the engine and gearbox, but don't have a clue on the electrical side. If I were to fit them and trailer the car to them would they do the rest do you think?

Not looking at doing for a while yet, just a qustion to help me ponder....

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but would someone like SC Auto electrics do just the wiring side of a conversion?

I am capable of fitting the engine and gearbox, but don't have a clue on the electrical side. If I were to fit them and trailer the car to them would they do the rest do you think?

Not looking at doing for a while yet, just a qustion to help me ponder....

SC autoelectrics....wiring is their business. I can personally vouch for their work. Done all my electrical stuff and lots of feature cars for tuners but his work is hidden in the background.

I used k-tec. I have had zero problems with my conversion. I use the car daily and have done 2 track days and one very heavy nurburgring weekend with it. It's never skipped a beat.

I used k-tec. I have had zero problems with my conversion. I use the car daily and have done 2 track days and one very heavy nurburgring weekend with it. It's never skipped a beat.

Did you use K-Tec for a roll in roll out, or did you do some of the work?

Im getting intrested in a conversion i must admit i do miss being on boost the comPanys that do these conversions ....... Are they drive in drive out or do folk supply the lumPs gearboxes etc etc what kind of price are they knocking them out for i dont fancy ringing around not quite yet got the moneys in place what are peoples reliabilty like im quite lucky where we dont have to really use the car as we have other transport but in the same sense id like to be able to drive it without it going pop lol

I supplied engine etc for mine, but it was drive in drive out.

Ktec sometimes have the parts available. If not its pretty easy to get stuff from eBay etc.

You should be looking at around 3-3.5k for a conversion. But all depends on what you can hold of. Sounds like a fair amount, but if you threw that on the original engine you wouldn't get half the power increase the megane conversion gives.

I supplied engine etc for mine, but it was drive in drive out.

Ktec sometimes have the parts available. If not its pretty easy to get stuff from eBay etc.

You should be looking at around 3-3.5k for a conversion. But all depends on what you can hold of. Sounds like a fair amount, but if you threw that on the original engine you wouldn't get half the power increase the megane conversion gives.

You supplied engine gearbox turbo and wirring loom for that ?

I got my own complete engine from ebay at around £1200.

Then K-tec did the conversion for £2000ish. Which included all pipework, custom made intercooler etc. That was drive in drive out.

But i did retain my own 200 gearbox.

At the same time I got the megane engine's cambelt, water pump etc done, which was a few £££ more. Just for peice of mind.

Best thing to do is call and ask!