Megane Engine Conversion - Radiator

Hi, I will be transplanting my 225 engine and gearbox onto my clio soon. The car is not used every day and is just a weekend/trackday tool.

I have been reading into the radiator options for the conversion and it seems like there are two choices:

1) clio radiator and custom intercooleer
2) megane radiator and megane intercooler

Since its used on track I need to ensure that the engine temperature is stable when pushing on therefore I think the only feasible option is the megane radiator. From what I have been reading it's not a direct fit, has anyone managed to fit the megane radiator without trimming the bonnet catch section by lowering or moving the radiator mounts?

Any advice or guidance would be great.

Thanks
Lee

Hi, I will be transplanting my 225 engine and gearbox onto my clio soon. The car is not used every day and is just a weekend/trackday tool.

I have been reading into the radiator options for the conversion and it seems like there are two choices:

1) clio radiator and custom intercooleer
2) megane radiator and megane intercooler

Since its used on track I need to ensure that the engine temperature is stable when pushing on therefore I think the only feasible option is the megane radiator. From what I have been reading it's not a direct fit, has anyone managed to fit the megane radiator without trimming the bonnet catch section by lowering or moving the radiator mounts?

Any advice or guidance would be great.

Thanks
Lee

I'm afraid there is no way you can get a megane Rad in without cutting the slam panel. I lowered my mounts and I cut a few of the raised sections in the bumper tray.

For some reason pics won't upload? I'll try again later.

I use a Clio rad and a Forge intercooler and don’t have any temp issues. Needle only moved above second line once in an incredibly hot day at Brands after a 15minute stint.
As long as the Clio rad is functioning 100% you’ll be fine imo

Reactions: Mark_L
I'm afraid there is no way you can get a megane Rad in without cutting the slam panel. I lowered my mounts and I cut a few of the raised sections in the bumper tray.

For some reason pics won't upload? I'll try again later.

If you could upload some picture that would be great.

I use a Clio rad and a Forge intercooler and don’t have any temp issues. Needle only moved above second line once in an incredibly hot day at Brands after a 15minute stint.
As long as the Clio rad is functioning 100% you’ll be fine imo

That's good to know. I have read so many posts that have mentioned overheating with the clio radiator. Do you have a link to what intercooler you used and did the standard megane pipework fit?

That's good to know. I have read so many posts that have mentioned overheating with the clio radiator. Do you have a link to what intercooler you used and did the standard megane pipework fit?
I got my intercooler direct from Forge and used their hardpipe kit as well

Attachments

• 308D4595-9A32-470A-9D58-6D141942E35E.jpeg
    308D4595-9A32-470A-9D58-6D141942E35E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 32