megane 250 conversion

Average garage hourly labour charge £50.

So, that'll be £15,000 for the conversion. Sounds good to me. :smiley:

plus the cost of the engine/gearbox/ecu and whatever else is needed, on top of the price of the clio, you want your head testing if you're even thinking about it

Clio's are prime as they are. Few mods here and there. Silly talk swapping the engine in my opinion, but who am i!!

I'm guessing when they say 300 that was completely from turning the first bolt, can't believe it'd take that long for them having already done one. 300 hours at £50/hr = £15000 in labour :s

^^^^think those hours are fairly standard tho when mapping new mods. I was speaking to jamsport earlier and they were saying for the fez ST s/chargers between 300-400 hours of mapping was done. Then they have the base map for when they do more cars, and just tweak them to suit etc. Anyone would be insane to pay for all that money on mapping there own car lol!!!

I'd just swap the entire engine/ecu looms if i was attempting something like this. And any other looms that would need to be mated to the megane fusebox. In fact, take the entire abs ecu and anything else you need as well. All from a donor car. People are always doing mods like this in the VW world, so cant be that much more difficult because they are Renault.

No point paying garages to do conversions like this. Do all the hard labour yourself, and if you needed to, get the garage to finish off anything you cant do. Ive done several engine conversions in the past. Albeit on older cars.