Meg 250 track tyre pressures

What pressures are the megane 250 guys running on track I have the 19" wheels going on brands hatch tomorrow so any help would be greatly appriciated

If you're on road tyres you need to leave them as you would on the road or even add 2-3psi to support the side walls.

what?? no way, as the air hots up the psi would be over 40 then

Sure but not immediately, if they get that hot it'd be time to pit. You need the standard or greater pressure to hold the sidewalls up.

If you let pressure out you'll probably just end up driving on the side walls, losing grip and wrecking your tyres if you're pushing hard enough.
Again this is in relation to road tyres, not track tyres though.

It all varies from track to track to be honest, on Silverstone I was advised to add pressure to reinforce the side walls on the long high speed bends. At Cadwell it was better to drop pressure as the constant direction change and generally low speed means the tyres heat up quick.

And where do I get this info? Simples, find an instructor or event organiser, they're always only too happy to share their wisdom!

Back to original question, look in your supplementary RS handbook it has recommended track tyre pressures in there, can't remember the values.

I was on brands a few weeks ago (18 inch - Michelins).
Started on road PSI of around 30, but had to drop it quickly as the car started to slide more. Once at 25/26 it felt much better, kept it at that level for the duration.

I have finished my track time now was brilliant the meg was faultless although because my front tyres only had 3mm I'm changing them later for some new CS5's

Sorry, I can't find any info on 19's just 18's.

Glad you had a great day. I'd look at the bridgestones mentioned above. They are a fantastic all round but if rubber. Only slight downside is its not good in "damp" conditions.