March 2011 POTM Competition

Never entered before. Are we talking quality photography, or a clever photo? Or does it just depend?

Might be able to get a disused clio next to something disused this month :worried:

As long as you can get it in focus lol!

Yeah it doesn't need to be groundbreaking, 95% of us aren't pro photographers so don't worry about that Danny, just have a go. Have a look through some of the old threads it might give you an idea of what is the norm.

I must admit that my Clio is a bit disused ATM, I haven't even done 1000miles yet this year lol!

Last edited:
Fence on an industrial estate. Very derilect or ruined!! :wink:

I have some ideas for Sunday. Will involve a bit of a drive out, but if it works out well, will be a fantastic shot!

Ok, so as I'm a newbie thought I'd have a bash, gave me a good reason to blow the cobwebs off the camera!

Clio3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I hope people are having better luck than I am for finding somewhere 'disused'. I am really struggling!

If the topic was ****hole then it would be easy lol I pass plenty on the way to work!

Spent all last weekend driving round looking for somewhere, off out again this weekend to look, this is really hard this month.
Just had a look at what has been posted so far to give me some ideas. Theres not many!

Fence on an industrial estate. Very derilect or ruined!! :wink:

I have some ideas for Sunday. Will involve a bit of a drive out, but if it works out well, will be a fantastic shot!

Are you refering to my picture that has derelict buildings, huge piles of rubble and blatant evidence of buildings having been demolished with a fence infront, including a warning sign?

Thought not! :thumbsup:

I have a few ideas for this, these comps always excite me but I dont enter...

How 'strict' is the no shopping rule? I havent shot in anything other then RAW ever, Is development aloud?

I have a few ideas for this, these comps always excite me but I dont enter...

How 'strict' is the no shopping rule? I havent shot in anything other then RAW ever, Is development aloud?

I am happy with that, especially this month, it seems a lot harder topic so the more entries the better IMO :smile:

Out of interest does your camera not take the image in two formats? Mine records each image as a JPEG and a RAW file at the same time?

I am happy with that, especially this month, it seems a lot harder topic so the more entries the better IMO :smile:

Out of interest does your camera not take the image in two formats? Mine records each image as a JPEG and a RAW file at the same time?

It does. I do 'double save' but I use it as a back up really.

I've a couple I can't decide between so this might get changed yet;

20110313-06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: