manifold flexi broke - advice please

i have just bought my first Renault Clio R27 F1
It has 75k on the clock and i paid 3.5k for it, which I thought was quite a good deal.

However, on day one I encountered a serious problem, where after probably giving it too much beans the car exhaust at high revs sounded all metallic like there was something blown. Turns out that the manifold flexis are both shredded and need replacing.

The options I think I have are

1, buy a replacement OEM for £180 and pay labour
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-...hash=item2883f181fe:m:mJg8sv94h2dhPjYuCaBcKKQ

2, get a new KTEC system (although expensive)
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=5453&appid=3

3, heard about possibly The Toyo manifold and take the Pre cat out and reconnect original tail pipes

I was thinking as it’s a labour intensive job anyway, you may as well go the whole hog.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks

Depending on how soon you're needing one, I will have an oem manifold that I'll be taking off my car soon? It had its flexis replaced April last year before I bought it and I've had uprated engine mounts since I bought it which should have helped prevent wear on them?

If not, I do think a Toyo is a good cost effective option, but you'll more than likely need stiffer engine mounts to stop it knocking the subframe!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Seems you already know your options, mine went around August and I just went with OEM, cost me just over £300 all in, been happy since though I'm not totally out the woods with exhaust issues I'm nearly there. since you already know your options I suppose you've just got to decide how much you want to spend, my advice would be to hold off until you know what you're working with after you've owned the car for a while get it diagnosed on an ECU and totally looked at underneath on a ramp etc.. as id leave room in your pocket in case anything pops up on there, I've done so many thing's you wouldn't even think to of looked for when purchasing the car like UCH replacements etc.. that its worth keeping a budget for that kind of thing.

Reactions: Paul Chesterfield
I'm in the same boat as the wire mesh on one of my flexis is coming apart. The most appealing option I've come across is the predator manifold which doesn't use traditional flexis at all, although I'm not sure if it's still currently available.

To update the forum. My garage said they couldn’t find replacement flexis anywhere. So they recommended I get s new OEM manifold for £270 ex vat. They are fitting this now along with some new yellow power flex lower engine mounts.

Should be getting it back in a few days.

Can’t wait

Fixing the flexis is not just straight forward well saying that it is but the person doing the repairs needs to think and make sure when the old ones are cut out and welded in that the angles are not changed or the manifold left too short or the new flexi's are not too fat that they rub together. Ask for the old manifold back, they are maybe planning on repair it and selling it on hence the good price or exchanging it for a repaired one a genuine one is over £900 new, an after market manifold may need mapped if the flat spot is worse more money.
upload_2020-1-16_18-35-17.png
upload_2020-1-16_18-35-49.png
upload_2020-1-16_18-37-24.png
upload_2020-1-16_18-36-37.png