Is my Manifold blowing/flexis gone?

Hi Guys,

After the last few days of driving to work and general maintenance, I've noticed that when I start my 200 up, its idling noise is much deeper than normal and under hard acceleration there is a rattle and fast clicking noise coming through from where the manifold is placed. Is my manifold gone? Flexi blown? My car is booked in for parts being fitted at Ktec on the 11th of January, so if I can diagnose the issue, order a new manifold, they can fit it as well. Any help or advice would be lovely. There is more of a petrol smell than normal too. Cheers Joe.

You’ll hear it. It’ll be a pretty distinctive chugging noise with the bonnet open.

The manifolds can also crack at the flange. Easiest way of checking for that is run your hand around the pipe work whilst the engine is on. Obviously don’t touch it as it’ll be hot. You’ll feel it blowing

Reactions: joehodges154
You’ll hear it. It’ll be a pretty distinctive chugging noise with the bonnet open.

The manifolds can also crack at the flange. Easiest way of checking for that is run your hand around the pipe work whilst the engine is on. Obviously don’t touch it as it’ll be hot. You’ll feel it blowing

Cheers mate, if I can't find anything but still think there is an issue, I'll get the ktec guys to have a look in January.